they take place in football stadiums

they sell concessions

fans cheer for the action on the field

fans rise to their feet at big occasions

they travel to the stadium on buses

they warm up before the event

they have PA announcers

they play in open stadiums and domes

lol..theres a stretch....and such a big basis for comparison..guess drum corps is the same as monster car rallys to...now I understand why it could be compared and run the same :thumbup:

Hey wait :

We are taught mucic by music teachers

we march on a field

we have marching percussion

a colorguard

plus all the things you said above

EXACTLY THE SAME AS MARCHING BAND: So drum corps is MARCHING BAND :w00t:

Edited by GUARDLING

Thank you Stradivarius for your articulateness and astuteness on the subject, I have a question for you about your handle. Of course Strads and Amatis are the most famous violins, but didn't Olds or someone make a line of Strad-named trumpets that were very highly regarded?

Kevin

To those who would say it's just "hype," I have to ask, "Isn't all PR hype to some extent? And even so, what's wrong with that?"

I kinda think it goes quite a bit beyond "hype." Cadets are smart enough to know that the field show performance is only a small part of what goes into a drum corps season. They're also wise enough to know that a lot of their fans also know this, and appreciate Cadets for bringing video showing us camp footage, design meeting discussions, spring training rehearsals, corps chats, summer rehearsals, show warm-ups, and victory runs (I'm not even including the plethora of member interview stuff).

Also, keep in mind that the 150 marching members also have family and friends who I'm sure really appreciate being able to see their loved one during all different aspects of a drum corps season.

I really dig what Cadets do with their videos, and frankly I wish more corps would follow their lead

• Like 3

Thank you Stradivarius for your articulateness and astuteness on the subject, I have a question for you about your handle. Of course Strads and Amatis are the most famous violins, but didn't Olds or someone make a line of Strad-named trumpets that were very highly regarded?

Kevin

I didn't know that Olds made Strad trumpets, but stradivariuss were THE BEST brand of violins out there a while back. But they aren't quite as good now than they used to be. The workers went on strike, so the quality went down.

I use it as a username because, of all the brass instruments I've played, Stradivarius are my favorite. I got a strad trombone a couple years ago as a christmas present too so strads are officially my favorite brand.:thumbup:

PS: I can't find a good video of the 2010 Bluecoats finals performance!!! they are all the rehearsal the day before or a video from one of the cheap seats at the stadium.

Sorry, but the "Always a Cadet" vignettes are not doing it for me.

Peace,

Fred O.

I liked the very first one...a lot. Since then... meh

I liked the very first one...a lot. Since then... meh

I liked the elevator in the mall, with the angels pointing up. They did start getting long in the tooth, though.

I liked the elevator in the mall, with the angels pointing up. They did start getting long in the tooth, though.

Agreed, I liked the elevator a lot. Also, the one around Christmas when they did the double take marching past the nutcracker soldiers. The rest not so much.