Cymbal lines 2012?

I'm basing this on almost no knowledge at all, but I was watching The Cadets' December camp video, and I saw what APPEARED to be a cymbal line. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I would say it is a LOT more probable that the pictures & videos in questions are from parade and/or stand-still tunes and not for their field show. I could be wrong, but I think it's highly unlikely Cadets will go back to fielding a cymbal line after a 20 year absence.

One of my favorite shots...the Jersey Surf Cymbal line:

316989_10150274186193920_777263919_7851668_7556229_n.jpg

BTW - Last year the following corps had cymbal lines:

1. Spirt of New Jersey

2. Colt Cadets

3. Forte

4. Jubal (the largest with 7 performers)

5. Raiders

6. Legends

7. Yokohama Scouts

8. Spartans

9. Vanguard Cadets

10. Oregon Crusaders

11. Blue Devils B (2nd largest with 6)

12. Pioneer

13. Jersey Surf

14. Cascades

15. Mandarins (new in 2011)

16. Teal Sound

17. Pacific Crest

18. Crossmen

19. Colts

20. The Academy

21. Spirit of Atlanta

22. Santa Clara Vanguard

I think the three lines I really miss are Madison, Bluecoats, and Troopers. If Cadets are indeed bringing back their cymbals, my heart just burst with joy.

Zing and Hooya to all my platepeeps!

Mav

• Like 3

I would say it is a LOT more probable that the pictures & videos in questions are from parade and/or stand-still tunes and not for their field show. I could be wrong, but I think it's highly unlikely Cadets will go back to fielding a cymbal line after a 20 year absence.

You could be right. But a man can dream, right?

One of my favorite shots...the Jersey Surf Cymbal line:

316989_10150274186193920_777263919_7851668_7556229_n.jpg

Love that kid in the middle!!!

From left: Raj, Christian, Jason, Jake, Alex

Edited by bersurkman

I would love to see the Cadets field a cymbal line again. Back in the day they were my favorite cymbal line out there. If they do not field a cymbal line I will be happy with them marching six bass drums again.

I do not believe the Cadets are going to have a cymbal line this year. But Cadets2 WILL indeed have a cymbal line. :-)

The Raiders are still looking for a couple of cymbal players. I can also confirm that Cadets2 will have a cymbal line (though no idea if they're still looking) and also that the Cadets are NOT marching a cymbal line. Those were pit auditionees holding cymbals for the ensemble piece they did (Jump by Van Halen).

Colts are keeping theirs. They've had a great cymbal line the past couple years.

Teal has had great cymbal lines the last few years, and I'd assume they'll have one again this year.

Having been at the last two Spirit camps, I believe their line is set.

Good luck and I hope your student finds a place to march.