New judging system passes unanimously

I just saw....

"The rewarding of achievement is the absolute most important element of the new judging sheets. Performance quality is stressed more than ever."

And I also noticed that Chris Komnick was the first to be quoted in this article.

I feel safe now. :thumbup:

Go ahead, Michael. Say it.... "Stevedb, I told you so".

It's ok, I can take it...and gladly will.

Nah, you've already beaten yourself up enough. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On top of both effect sheets both sides of sheet

Repertoire-----and-----Performance

ENGAGE THE AUDIENCE

Rep. side

To what extent does the realiza'on of repertoire, and conceptual aural vision, engage the audience through compelling impact, contour, shape, pace, development, etc. over jme?

Performance side

 How effecjvely do the performers engage the audience through their excellence, communicajon skills, and emojonal commitment?

Makes me wonder if BD kills everyone by writing to the sheets and also comes out with a fan-friendly show...what will the writing-to-the-sheets complainers say?

that BD panders lol

"Performance quality is stressed more than ever."

Curmudgeon switch <on>

If you really want to emphasize 'Performance quality', bring back the tick system. To our detriment (society-wide) we refuse to call an error for what it is, especially when youth are involved.

Curmudgeon switch <off>

Flame shields <up>

This should be good.

I hope they can finally dock points when the amps are entirely too loud.

be interested to see if that's addressed

This should be good.

I hope they can finally dock points when the amps are entirely too loud.

It was already on the old sheets (Balance and Blend).

The new sheets will not change the judges' behavior one bit, let alone the people who think more amp (and synth) = better.

From my standpoint, I'd like to hear a synth that doesn't just merely double the contra line on EVERY SINGLE NOTE, let alone bury it...synths aren't the problem, per se, it's the lack of creativity/musicality in using them.

• Like 3

It was already on the old sheets (Balance and Blend).

The new sheets will not change the judges' behavior one bit, let alone the people who think more amp (and synth) = better.

From my standpoint, I'd like to hear a synth that doesn't just merely double the contra line on EVERY SINGLE NOTE, let alone bury it...synths aren't the problem, per se, it's the lack of creativity/musicality in using them.

Agreed.

Agree, but the lack of creativity/musicality should be punished on the sheets. I think corps would stop doing it if they got docked points.