New judging system passes unanimously

This demonstrates you have great conceptual aural vision... I think.

HH

who knows

i'm pretty amazed by the transparency of this new system

lol you made me laugh :D 20 years ago I was a technical writer and took a plain language course. Now I teach computer courses with manuals that I've written. I was asked by a student if there was another word for concatenation? I said 'No, you have to type Concat otherwise you'll get an error message' :) ... the words in my world these days is accountability and transparency :)

edit: I learned 4 languages as a child and grammar is not my strong suit

Edited by lindap

On top of both effect sheets both sides of sheet

Repertoire-----and-----Performance

ENGAGE THE AUDIENCE

Rep. side

To what extent does the realiza'on of repertoire, and conceptual aural vision, engage the audience through compelling impact, contour, shape, pace, development, etc. over jime?

Performance side

 How effecjvely do the performers engage the audience through their excellence, communicajon skills, and emojonal commitment?

What's wrong with your 't' key?

I don't don't if the author of the new sheets, Michael C. has ever sat in the seats. If he has, does he have a good memory of the "old days?" I do, and I'm not looking forward to idiot staff members RUNNING up into the stands, SCREAMING and clapping for every solo, trying to TEACH the audience when to clap, and trying to generate up GE POINTS for their corps. IT'S ANNOYING.

This is not theoretical, it used to happen at local shows, A LOT. Audiences HATED those staff people and it ruined a lot of otherwise fine shows for many of us.

The new scoring system is applauded by those who created it, but did ANYONE consider the unintended consequences of their new scoring sheets? Can judges PLEASE deduct points when they see staff members doing this? It will be the only way to get it stopped, if my worst nightmares are realized and that long-dead practice is about to return.

Does anyone besides me remember this?

Edited by wvu80

I don't don't if the author of the new sheets, Michael C. has ever sat in the seats. If he has, does he have a good memory of the "old days?" I do, and I'm not looking forward to idiot staff members RUNNING up into the stands, SCREAMING and clapping for every solo, trying to TEACH the audience when to clap, and trying to generate up GE POINTS for their corps. IT'S ANNOYING.

This is not theoretical, it used to happen at local shows, A LOT. Audiences HATED those staff people and it ruined a lot of otherwise fine shows for many of us.

The new scoring system is applauded by those who created it, but did ANYONE consider the unintended consequences of their new scoring sheets? Can judges PLEASE deduct points when they see staff members doing this? It will be the only way to get it stopped, if my worst nightmares are realized and that long-dead practice is about to return.

Does anyone besides me remember this?

Like Crown did all last year.

• Like 3