The Edge - Today's the day

I will disagree with you Keith. Sharon Osborne's been finding and managing talent for over 30 years now. She is no slouch in that department. You may not like her housband or his music, but don't toss her aside for that reason. Read up on her 1st.

It's an odd comparison but it is like people who refuse to consider voting for Linda McMahon because of Vince and WWF/WWE ties. Lots more to her as a woman too than just her husband.

...a husband that built a global entertainment empire. Also, Howard has discovered and showcased talent for many, many years. He also showed last night he knows exactly what he's talking about.

The people that complain about the AGT judges not knowing anything are hilarious. It reminds me of a certain summer competitive activity where people complain about the judges when things don't come out their way.

• Like 3

The people that complain about the AGT judges not knowing anything are hilarious. It reminds me of a certain summer competitive activity where people complain about the judges when things don't come out their way.

It's all just a conspiracy. :tongue:

And please let us not forget to give credit to the so called self appointed judges who never leave their couches or computer desks but feel watching a video on dvd or computer makes them more qualified than the actual judges, or even those who were actually there to offer expert commentary.

• Like 7

A Canadian, a Brit, and an ###...oh my! These are the judges. Not one of them can sing and probably can't dance YET these are the idiots that are suppose to judge talent? The show is a joke and today they announced that the ratings are down. Howard Stern is NOT the answer! The best part of the show is Nick Cannon.

Long live The Edge!!!

Let's see....Howie is a successful commedian, has been in hit tv shows...yeah he's a tool. worthless talent.

Sharon manages her husband, a schmuck no talent that sells out arenas and stadiums all over the world, as well as managingand finding other talent, starred in and produced a hit tv show, and helps host one thatdoes decent ratings in addition to AGT. Pure hack

Howard...let's see, the most successful radio guy ever, helped set PPV records in the early days of pay per view, successful movie, 2 best selling books,has helped launch and advance many careers...yeah, total worthless hack.

I'm sad the Edge didn't move on. But to incorrectly bash people because you didn't get the results you want is, well...stupid.

I notice no one has called Sterns show to complain. I mean why go directly to the source when you can just trash people elsewhere

• Like 2

...a husband that built a global entertainment empire. Also, Howard has discovered and showcased talent for many, many years. He also showed last night he knows exactly what he's talking about.

:spitting:

• Like 1

Let's see....Howie is a successful commedian, has been in hit tv shows...yeah he's a tool. worthless talent.

Sharon manages her husband, a schmuck no talent that sells out arenas and stadiums all over the world, as well as managingand finding other talent, starred in and produced a hit tv show, and helps host one thatdoes decent ratings in addition to AGT. Pure hack

Howard...let's see, the most successful radio guy ever, helped set PPV records in the early days of pay per view, successful movie, 2 best selling books,has helped launch and advance many careers...yeah, total worthless hack.

I'm sad the Edge didn't move on. But to incorrectly bash people because you didn't get the results you want is, well...stupid.

Can't disagree with any of this.

I stand by my earlier post about the drum corps activity, in general, struggling to get taken seriously by a wider audience.

But that doesn't mean the AGT people are brain-dead, no-talent idiots.

I worked in radio for a number of years. I know brain-dead, no-talent idiots when I see them. :tongue: And Howard Stern certainly is NOT in that category. He is an amazing talent at what he does.

He's not everyone's cup of tea (heck, I haven't listened to him on a regular basis for years after being a daily listener during his NY radio days at WNBC and K-Rock).. but when it comes to this sort of media work, he's the real deal, no question.

• Like 2

I guess because they didn't vote a drum corps act, the show is awful.

For me it had nothing to do with it.

I watched the show last night in hopes to see the EDGE. I have some observations to make.

The show is nothing more than the Gong Show revisited. At least the Gong show the Judges were drunk about half the time as well as the host which made it somewhat laughable.

There were only 3 acts with any real talent last night worthy of a try out for a million dollar whatever in Vegas. The dog trainers, the acrobats and MAYBE the comedian. I say that about the comedian because they are a dime a dozen in Vegas and only because his timing was good and his jokes were somewhat new and fresh. Oh yeah they were pretty funny too. The Dog Trainers clearly put a lot of time and effort into training those dogs and that takes TALENT. The Acrobats or whatever they called the act they did was truly a feat of both strength, balance and beauty. Clearly they have spent a good part of their lifetime training for such a chance to perform. I wish them well as I could see them winning it all. I would imagine VEGAS chomping at the bit to develop a stage show with these two as the center piece of something much larger. A perfect fit for Vegas.

So apparently bad music,,a guy getting kicked in the junk repeatedly and a old man dressed in a reject Col Sanders suit that can't sing are our next great Americas Talent?

Please save us.

They music group while inventive was just bad music. The older guy that Howard called the School Teacher had a great voice but other than that all I heard was some really bad guitar and fiddle playing. While these guys might do well at a live mic night or perhaps at a bar designed for tourist I don't see anyone paying out $70 bucks+ a ticket to see them.

The guy getting kicked in the junk??? And that is AMERICAs Got TaLENT??? I call that just plain stupid. Probably going to be featured in the next Jackass Movie for sure and maybe he has a career as a stuntman or circus act but he is not going to fill halls in VEgas with that.

The old man in the reject Col Sanders suit? Talent my arse. I've seen bad lounge singers that were more entertaining than that.

As for Howard , Sharon and Howie I think they make a pretty good mix and were far more entertaining that most of the acts. Howie and Sharon handle themselves with professional integrity while Howard just acted like a arse with his whole "look at me" persona. Its old,, its boring and Howard you are still a douchbag.

• Like 3

btw...it's on NBC...not cable

Seriously, Jeff- I don't even have a digital converter. I'm not an anti-TV crazy or anything- I just sorta went away from TV years ago. I was only watching it for Babylon 5 and for weather reports when I needed to know if stuff was cancelled. I go to friend's and my parents for Auto Racing. I'll be hone for Indy on Sunday.

As for Howard, I have thought he's funny in his own way- but again- changing his stripes after decades of prior practice? I can't buy it. Kinda like if Chairman Mao joined the Tea Party. :cool:

I can't buy Fartman as a guy who knows what real musical talent is. And I like Fartman. Just not on a show like this in that role.

• Like 2

For me it had nothing to do with it.

I watched the show last night in hopes to see the EDGE. I have some observations to make.

The show is nothing more than the Gong Show revisited. At least the Gong show the Judges were drunk about half the time as well as the host which made it somewhat laughable.

There were only 3 acts with any real talent last night worthy of a try out for a million dollar whatever in Vegas. The dog trainers, the acrobats and MAYBE the comedian. I say that about the comedian because they are a dime a dozen in Vegas and only because his timing was good and his jokes were somewhat new and fresh. Oh yeah they were pretty funny too. The Dog Trainers clearly put a lot of time and effort into training those dogs and that takes TALENT. The Acrobats or whatever they called the act they did was truly a feat of both strength, balance and beauty. Clearly they have spent a good part of their lifetime training for such a chance to perform. I wish them well as I could see them winning it all. I would imagine VEGAS chomping at the bit to develop a stage show with these two as the center piece of something much larger. A perfect fit for Vegas.

So apparently bad music,,a guy getting kicked in the junk repeatedly and a old man dressed in a reject Col Sanders suit that can't sing are our next great Americas Talent?

Please save us.

They music group while inventive was just bad music. The older guy that Howard called the School Teacher had a great voice but other than that all I heard was some really bad guitar and fiddle playing. While these guys might do well at a live mic night or perhaps at a bar designed for tourist I don't see anyone paying out $70 bucks+ a ticket to see them.

The guy getting kicked in the junk??? And that is AMERICAs Got TaLENT??? I call that just plain stupid. Probably going to be featured in the next Jackass Movie for sure and maybe he has a career as a stuntman or circus act but he is not going to fill halls in VEgas with that.

The old man in the reject Col Sanders suit? Talent my arse. I've seen bad lounge singers that were more entertaining than that.

As for Howard , Sharon and Howie I think they make a pretty good mix and were far more entertaining that most of the acts. Howie and Sharon handle themselves with professional integrity while Howard just acted like a arse with his whole "look at me" persona. Its old,, its boring and Howard you are still a douchbag.

while you may disagree, the guy getting kicked in the junk will probablybe popular. look at the millions the Jackass guys have made.

as for the music group with the school teacher...not my cup of tea, but looking at what popular music is today, while not my taste, I can see people liking it.

and as for Howard, well, obviously millions disagree or his paycheck wouldn't be bigger than all of our combined, then tripled, then quadrupled

• Like 2

Seriously, Jeff- I don't even have a digital converter. I'm not an anti-TV crazy or anything- I just sorta went away from TV years ago. I was only watching it for Babylon 5 and for weather reports when I needed to know if stuff was cancelled. I go to friend's and my parents for Auto Racing. I'll be hone for Indy on Sunday.

As for Howard, I have thought he's funny in his own way- but again- changing his stripes after decades of prior practice? I can't buy it. Kinda like if Chairman Mao joined the Tea Party. :cool:

I can't buy Fartman as a guy who knows what real musical talent is. And I like Fartman. Just not on a show like this in that role.

there's many sides of Stern, and he hasn't done the whole Fartman thing in years. he evolves, the show evolves. I get that people don't like him. I just think people make way too many misinformed comments about what he really is.

Which in here is hysterical, because he's bashed for not getting drum corps, but people bash him when they have no clue about him.

• Like 2

So, it has nothing to do with what network it's on. You just don't want to watch at all. What you are, in effect, is the little kid that won't eat his asparagus.

BigW: "I don't like asparagus, so I'm not eating it!"

Mom: "You've never even tried it!"

BigW: "I don't care! I don't like it!"

If you're not willing to even try the show and see what Howard is doing, why the heck are you commenting on it in this thread?

• Like 4