The Edge - Today's the day

The truly sad thing is that last night they voted to put through a guy whose act consisted of him getting kicked in the nuts.:blink:

That guy was brilliant, and deserved to get through. He was also far more entertaining than most drum corps I've seen lately. Watching the judges reaction was priceless. Anyone who's ever had his family jewels smashed knows exactly how impressive that act is.

• Like 4

The truly sad thing is that last night they voted to put through a guy whose act consisted of him getting kicked in the nuts.:blink:

He made it through. But his "junk"? I think they are on sabbatical in a emergency room waste can. :blink:

That guy was brilliant, and deserved to get through. He was also far more entertaining than most drum corps I've seen lately. Watching the judges reaction was priceless. Anyone who's ever had his family jewels smashed knows exactly how impressive that act is.

I had never watched the show until this season, and in general I'm not a fan of Dancing, idol or the others. I tuned in because of Stern.

But I do love some of the reactions from the three judges. But then again, I'm also watching realizing the show for what it is. Then again, I love Gordon Ramsey

• Like 1

I believe he said Harrisburg, but that could be just the regional name they told him to use.

Did he look like the former city Receiver (Yorovich(sp?)) or a member of the mayors staff? If so, plenty of practice getting kicked then...

For the rest of you... Harrisburg is bankrupt and spending more time fighting each other than working on viable options. And every few weeks someone (mainly mayors staff) quits or sues... Mayor keeps finding new ways to PO or offend anyone who disagrees with her...

Latest one is the receiver (hired to run the cities business during bankruptcy) handed in a hand written resignation notice and walked off the job. Now some council members are suing to find out WHY he quit.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

He made it through. But his "junk"? I think they are on sabbatical in a emergency room waste can. :blink:

Yeah, this kind of act you can do once in awhile, but there's no way he could do it day after day. He claimed he didn't feel pain, but you could clearly see his discomfort several times

during his act.

Yeah, this kind of act you can do once in awhile, but there's no way he could do it day after day. He claimed he didn't feel pain, but you could clearly see his discomfort several times

during his act.

Bugs Bunny: That's terrific, Daffy! They loved it. They want more.

Daffy Duck: [as a ghost rising to heaven] I know, I know, but I can only do it once.

I'm not sure about them getting changes made, but in the Olympic event the Cadets were the supporting cast to the headliner, Bill Irwin, the self-proclaimed Clown Prince (as well as a great actor!). He has dedicated a sizable portion of his professional life to preserving the art of clowning and creating shows that feature the art.

This is from the Wikpedia segment on Irwin...

Here is the video from the event...the British announcer obviously did not care for it...listen at the very end! :shutup:

Olympics

At least they showed their entire closer before the comedy bit started!!! :thumbup:

If I remember correctly, Jeff told several Sun Alumni to keep an eye on the ending formation. (I was told it was an homage to Jeff's days marching in Sun. worthy.gif)

I'm not sure about them getting changes made, but in the Olympic event the Cadets were the supporting cast to the headliner, Bill Irwin, the self-proclaimed Clown Prince (as well as a great actor!). He has dedicated a sizable portion of his professional life to preserving the art of clowning and creating shows that feature the art.

Bill Irwin is wonderful! Like you said, a great comic actor/clown.

• Like 1

You are aware of the huge success of the Jackass series, right? People love that kind of stuff.

during his act.

He's huge on Youtube. I've seen his videos a ton before he was on last night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/flatryan/videos