A request for the Blue Devils

Can you imagine the crowd response to a touch of Channel One?

like 02?

it comes across as a shame that we have to hope for "a touch" of a classic. Like Conquest....we dont even get the hits every year anymore. Or the Sunburst.

Then again, for just as many of us love seeing/hearing those iconic moments, just as many bash the corps for 'pandering"

They are the Blue Devils. They don't care about fan request or the fans in general; only about winning. So you're request or any like it probably won't be happening any time soon. Not hating on them but it's true and they're really freaking good at it.

More of this garbage.

So do I not count? I am a fan and I love their shows. But if YOU Dont like it = "They dont care about the fans".

My god the arrogance.

• Like 6

They are the Blue Devils. They don't care about fan request or the fans in general; only about winning. So you're request or any like it probably won't be happening any time soon. Not hating on them but it's true and they're really freaking good at it.

Is there a single corps out there that honors fan requests? Go find one for me. I've got a few.

The Blue Devils have zillions of fans and have gained worldwide recognition with nearly 40 years of top notch drum corps. Just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't mean a lot of other people don't.

Calm down. Log off DCP and go watch some more Carolina Crown.

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 7

like 02?

it comes across as a shame that we have to hope for "a touch" of a classic. Like Conquest....we dont even get the hits every year anymore. Or the Sunburst.

Then again, for just as many of us love seeing/hearing those iconic moments, just as many bash the corps for 'pandering"

Horribly underrated show.

• Like 3

Although I somewhat agree with the OP's desire to hear BD belt out some of the signature jazz that so many of us cherish from their past, I was perplexed by the implications that should the Devils choose to go in that direction and revisit their jazz roots, it would have to be at the expense of forfeiting innovation in the show design and would result in a 4th or 5th placement. I guess I'm confused by the concept that the two (jazz music and innovative show design) are somehow mutually exclusive. And given BD's obvious talent in all areas of the activity, I don't see why they could not develop a successful show which includes both jazz and interesting, dynamic design. Is there something I'm missing here? Just asking. :huh:

[edited for typo]

Edited by Photographer Jim
  • Like 3

Although I somewhat agree with the OP's desire to hear BD belt out some of the signature jazz that so many of us cherish from their past, I was perplexed by the implications that should the Devils choose to go in that direction and revisit their jazz roots, it would have to be at the expense of forfeiting innovation in the show design and would result in a 4th or 5th placement. I guess I'm confused by the concept that the two (jazz music and innovative show design) are somehow mutually exclusive. And given BD's obvious talent in all areas of the activity, I don't see why they could not develop a successful show which includes both jazz and interesting, dynamic design. Is there something I'm missing here? Just asking. :huh:

[edited for typo]

I would argue they have done that.

Last year was fantastic for me in that regard. Dont get me wrong. I dont always LOVE the show itself. lol.

2010 I do think should have won based on the competitive criteria, but I definitely do not listen to or rewatch that show like I do Phantom 2003, Phantom 2010, Blue Devils 1994,95,96 and many others.

But they certainly HAVE combined the artistic design along with at least for me, a great deal of entertainment.

Horribly underrated show.

Completely agree.

Saw 'em early that season... they were a work in progress, shall we say. LOL. I might have caught them on an off day.

Saw 'em again just before DCI championships... they were amazing. Super-clean brass.