Things you are most excited for this season?

Hey guys been on a little hiatus lately as my Daughter who is now almost 4 months has been keeping me busy? So what things are u most fired up to see or do for 2012 drum corps season??

My top 5...

1) Take my daughter/future Blue Knight to her first show!!

2) See if anyone new will move in or out of top 12... 12th has been different corps for a while and the 12th place corps from prior years has tended to drop from finals replaced by new blood so to speak.

3) Will Madison, Boston and BK continue to move up... Do they start to beat some of the top 6?

4) Can Cadets repeat and will the 12/25 show feel disappointing ala the Red Violen following Phantoms masterpiece Sparticus?

5) Will Crown get over the hump and win... Will they be a title contender at all??

Just my questions and what I'm excited to see answered for 2012!

Wesley P

BK 97 98

• Like 4

Hey guys been on a little hiatus lately as my Daughter who is now almost 4 months has been keeping me busy? So what things are u most fired up to see or do for 2012 drum corps season??

My top 5...

2) See if anyone new will move in or out of top 12... 12th has been different corps for a while and the 12th place corps from prior years has tended to drop from finals replaced by new blood so to speak.

3) Will Madison, Boston and BK continue to move up... Do they start to beat some of the top 6?

4) Can Cadets repeat and will the 12/25 show feel disappointing ala the Red Violen following Phantoms masterpiece Sparticus?

5) Will Crown get over the hump and win... Will they be a title contender at all??

Wesley P

BK 97 98

Who knows here in March, but I'll take "a stab" at it and say " yes " to all 5 of your questions here, Wes.

Edited by BRASSO

1. Going to to the Tour of Champions finale in NJ & Indy for finals week.

2. Hoping the 2011 trend of moving towards more entertaining shows continues.

3. PR & Teal Sound move up.

Hey guys been on a little hiatus lately as my Daughter who is now almost 4 months has been keeping me busy

By the way, congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your Daughter back in Nov., Wes.

1. Hoping to see Phantom Regiment get into the top three again.

2. Hoping to see Crossmen back in the top 12.thumbup.gif

• Like 3

My top 5...

Wesley P

BK 97 98

Hope to see BK and BAC in a battle for 5th.....

• Like 1

1) There's a lot of staff changes. I think some corps are going to have a very refreshing new identity. Phantom is certainly changing a lot lately, interested to see how they do. I think they'll be the same Phantom, but with a new twist. Excited to see Cavaliers with a new drill writer, I think it will be refreshing.

2) Vanguard - That whole show has me jumping out of my seat. It's going to be loud and in your face a lot, but beautiful as well. I have a feeling this is going to be a very memorable show for them.

3) I have a feeling it's going to be a Blue year. I think Blue Devils will take what made last year more fan friendly and keep pushing the envelope as well. They'll have a winning formula I have a feeling. I think Blue Knights are evolving into a very good corps, last years show was a step up in complexity without being weird IMO. I have a friend in BK this year and he said very good things are happening, so this will be interesting. Blue Stars. After last year it seems everyone is counting them out. In the past it seems when a corps has a bad year, they do not let what happened happen again. I think they just need the right formula show wise and they'll GO far.

4) Very interested to see if Boston lives up to the hype and rumors I've heard about them being really far ahead of where they usually are, they could be a fun surprise this summer.

5) Crown, I have a feeling. They've spent a few years in the top 6 and I think it's about their time to really do some damage to that top 3. Not win necessarily, just come out with something very intense and hard. I think it could be their year.

I think this year will be just as good as last based on the reps, really looking forward to San Antonio again with my friend who hasn't seen a show yet. She's in for a LOUD suprise huh? :smile:

(I have a lot of feelings. :tongue: )

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Just listened to SCV's line up for this upcoming season, and I am pretty freaking excited for it (especially how they put Whitacre on field. So pumped)!

!!! Whitacre and Vanguard!!! :inlove: I can barely contain my excitement! Oh, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Academy and Blue Knights have to offer!

• Like 2