Which of these astonishing feats will stand the test of time?

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these records will last the longest

• Cavaliers 64 consecutive show winning streak 2001-2003
    • Blue Devils back to back undeated seasons 2009-2010
    • Cadets sweeping all Captions and Sub-captions in 2005
    • SCV 40 consecutive years and counting making finals 1972-????
    • Blue Devils 37 consecutive years and counting Top 5 finishes 1975-????
    • Mandarins 4 consecutive Division Three titles 1996-1999

Mandarins ( Div 3) DCI's only 4 peat 96,97,98 and99

Here's another Mandarins fact from the 2011 DCI program book article I wrote: <Mandarins are on record for DCI’s only four-peat, winning the Division III title from 1996 through 1999. Mandarins share the record for most titles in a single decade with The Cavaliers, taking five Division III titles in the 1990s, with Cavaliers pulling off their World Class feat between 2000 and 2007.>

Also from that article: <The first World Championships three-peat was earned by the All Girl Class Champions St. Ignatius in 1975, 1976 and 1977. >

And a record I find most interesting: <Florida Wave set a record by performing on all six days of the 1984 World Championships; winning the Division II Prelims on Monday, winning the Division II Finals on Tuesday, winning the Open Class Prelims on Wednesday, placing 9th in the Open Class Quarterfinals on Thursday, (back then, the top Open Class corps got a bye straight to Semifinals), placing 20th at the Open Class Semifinals on Friday and as the Division II Champions, putting on an exhibition at the Open Class Finals on Saturday.>

• Like 1

It may sound cliche, but I don't care about winning streaks. Although I love to see who wins, most often my favorites shows each year don't align with the judges opinions. They are often not in the top 3.

Agreed :smile:

All outstanding- don't leave out the Yankees, Notre Dame, the Cadets, etc., but this is history. Who will be next?

Kevin

And no MLB hitter will ever hit over .400 again in a single season either, imo.

Mandarins ( Div 3) DCI's only 4 peat 96,97,98 and99

>

While both of the cited achievements are indeed impressive, they fall a bit short of the Reading Buccaneers six-year undefeated streak in DCA.

They fall short? Really? This is DCI.

• Like 2

How many shows are in a season nowadays? I feel like its hard to do the first without the second.

Seasons are on average 30-35 shows. The Cavaliers stretch included the end of 2001, all of 2002, and the first half of 2003.

The Blue Devils just went two seasons straight end to end. They ended up with 56 straight wins to Cavaliers' 64 straight wins

Edited by fsubone

Here's another Mandarins fact from the 2011 DCI program book article I wrote: <Mandarins are on record for DCI's only four-peat, winning the Division III title from 1996 through 1999. Mandarins share the record for most titles in a single decade with The Cavaliers, taking five Division III titles in the 1990s, with Cavaliers pulling off their World Class feat between 2000 and 2007.>

Also from that article: <The first World Championships three-peat was earned by the All Girl Class Champions St. Ignatius in 1975, 1976 and 1977. >

And a record I find most interesting: <Florida Wave set a record by performing on all six days of the 1984 World Championships; winning the Division II Prelims on Monday, winning the Division II Finals on Tuesday, winning the Open Class Prelims on Wednesday, placing 9th in the Open Class Quarterfinals on Thursday, (back then, the top Open Class corps got a bye straight to Semifinals), placing 20th at the Open Class Semifinals on Friday and as the Division II Champions, putting on an exhibition at the Open Class Finals on Saturday.>

didn't Magic do all 6 days in 2002?

And no MLB hitter will ever hit over .400 again in a single season either, imo.

Quite possibly true, given that there have only been two players (T. Gwynn & G. Brett) to hit .390 or above since Teddy hit .406 in 1941!

They fall short? Really? This is DCI.

Yes, it is. But keep in mind Reading did it with six different shows, six different sets of members, and a number of staff and designer changes over those six plus years. Winning 60+ consecutive shows is no mean feat, in any circuit. Oh, and the last time they won a championship prior to the start of that streak? 1980.