Phantom Regiment 2012

Opera is one of my least favourite genres of music. That being said, I liked what I heard....alot! When I heard about Turandot being used for all of their music this year, I was sceptical as I only knew about Nessum Dorma. I watched a bunch of videos on Youtube and read about the Opera. I still didn't understand how they were going to do it.......up until now.

Phantom '91 Nessum Dorma was such a presentation. For those of you who remember, Phantom's guard that year had a "significant" effect on GE. I'm sure several moms/dads objected to what their offspring were doing or seeing on the field from Phantom that year. To this day, I'm still shocked at some of the things they put on the field that year.

Yes, JD is gone. Phantom still has a great presence without him. Funny how that worked out - once again, Phantom has survived what some have equated to be a situation that was disastrous.

• Like 4

Serious question:

Can someone explain the method of ensemble timing they use? During the opener, it seems as though the conductor's hands are JUST SLIGHTLY behind the battery. Is this just a video sync thing?

Also, it looks like the pit is watching the conductor at some points. How does this work?

Serious question:

Can someone explain the method of ensemble timing they use? During the opener, it seems as though the conductor's hands are JUST SLIGHTLY behind the battery. Is this just a video sync thing?

Also, it looks like the pit is watching the conductor at some points. How does this work?

####. I wanted to say magic.

*sighs*

• Like 1