Northern Illinois Football

Boom. Lesson: Don't be a jerk.

• Like 3

What the eff is wrong with Northern Illinois? This the same buncha jerks that stampeded through Capital Regiment 5-10 years ago while they were practicing, if I recall correctly.

Good for them. people should realize there are consequences for their actions. There have been so many times that stuff similar to this has happened, and the rules have been selectively applied to not include the athletes. I doubt he'll end up getting eight years, but any kind of consequence would be a good thing

Bluh. Just read some of the comments on this article. Bad idea. Possibly worse than comments on YouTube.

Max punishment involved seems severe, but I'm glad it's being brought up...NIU certainly has a colorful past with the marching arts.

• Like 4

It's amazing how many people are saying it's either the director's fault or the fault of the band kids. I'm in a college marching band, everything we do is scripted to the second. If a football player comes out of the tunnel early, and then nails people, then it's the player's fault.

I think that discussion board is the reason marching programs don't seem to get exposure and respect. They're considered second class to the athletes, a large amount of whom end up working menial jobs or bankrupt, while the music students usually end up testing better, going to better schools, and landing better jobs. But they can say we shouldn't be at the games, I'll keep my scholarships.

• Like 6

Wow; I need to try to lower my blood pressure after reading some of the over 1000 comments on that site. What gives with all the hatred and disrespect towards band members from the commenters? I'm quite astounded by those. Did a band member kick their puppy? So many comments I couldn't even quote here.

• Like 5

Wow; I need to try to lower my blood pressure after reading some of the over 1000 comments on that site. What gives with all the hatred and disrespect towards band members from the commenters? I'm quite astounded by those. Did a band member kick their puppy? So many comments I couldn't even quote here.

The fact that these kind of people even exists is enough reason to charge this guy. Prison time is definitely excessive, but a message needs to be sent to those knuckleheads that band members aren't in a lower class and won't let people who act like they are get away with it.

• Like 2