2012 Predictions

Oh believe me, the ratings don't bother me at all. I was just wondering why someone would think that format of judging would be bad. I'm sure someone can raise a valid point or two. Just wondering is all.

well....

because as a judge, technically they are to rank and rate based on that days show. May some judges have previous numbers as a reference? Possible, I dunno. I don't judge drum corps, but in theband circuit I work in, we are given the book/what number, but it's a reference, not a roadmap. I usually don't even look unless some anomoly has been pointed out to me.

Now....score jumps can vary, Sure, a corps may have spent the last week really hammering the opener in rehearsal.....and everyone involved can see a huge difference. At the same time, the closer may have needed work and was left til next week. As a result, the number may not jump a lot, or as much as people think it should.

Edited by Jeff Ream

[sigh] Remember the good ol' days when each performance was scored on it's own merits and a corps could take it or leave it at each outing based on how bad they wanted it.

Those were the days..

actually those days kinda sucked...back then the tick system was a hot mess..more subjective then today. It was exciting for an audiance because it was a crap shoot who would win, which many times had nothing to do with who was better.

I think if other corps come out before C2 and score well then there will be a dog fight BUT if C2 come out very good I think them going on 1st will drive scores up or down. All other corps COULD be judged based on the corps that went on 1st.

Edited by GUARDLING

Don't get hung up on reds and greens. I should have reds to euqal Howdy, but I just looked and my number is way too high.

Actualy, the correct comparison you SHOULD be using is

You should have as many reds as the beer you owe me.

THAT would accurqtely describe it!! :bleah:

Actualy, the correct comparison you SHOULD be using is

You should have as many reds as the beer you owe me.

THAT would accurqtely describe it!! :bleah:

that's less than Howdy

:tongue:

• Like 1

that's less than Howdy

:tongue:

:spitting:

WOW!!!!

(There...I gave you a green. You can deduct a beer!) LOL

• Like 1

1-Bucs

2-Minnesota

3-C2

------------

4-Cabs

5-Empire

6-Hurcs

7-Kidsgrove

------------

8-Renegades

9-Inspires

10-CV

11-Fusion Core

---------------

12-Bushwackers

13-Kilties

I guess TBT will cease to exist between now and the end of August?

:spitting:

WOW!!!!

(There...I gave you a green. You can deduct a beer!) LOL

wooohoooo!

1,587,343,092,873 to go!

FIXED

updated on rumor alone.

1-Bucs

2-Minny

3-C2

------------

4-Empire

5-Cabs

6-kitsgrove

7-Hurcs

------------

8-CV

9-Fusion Core

10-Renegades

11-TBT

---------------

12-Kilties

13-Bushwackers

Edited by Jerseyboy

"technically they are to rank and rate based on that days show. May some judges have previous numbers as a reference? Possible"

This, without a doubt, is a true statement. If you watch the re-caps from show to show you will usually see a slight increase. I can't believe all judges don't look at the re-cap because scores generally go up (or down) on an even scale.

well....

because as a judge, technically they are to rank and rate based on that days show. May some judges have previous numbers as a reference? Possible, I dunno. I don't judge drum corps, but in theband circuit I work in, we are given the book/what number, but it's a reference, not a roadmap. I usually don't even look unless some anomoly has been pointed out to me.

Now....score jumps can vary, Sure, a corps may have spent the last week really hammering the opener in rehearsal.....and everyone involved can see a huge difference. At the same time, the closer may have needed work and was left til next week. As a result, the number may not jump a lot, or as much as people think it should.

Open Class Finals

Buccaneers 97.11

Minnesota Brass 97.00

Cadets2 95.90

Kidsgrove Scouts 95.86

Caballeros 95.75

CorpsVets 95.40

Empire Statesmen 95.27

Hurricanes 93.27

Renegades 90.77

Fusion Core 85.15

A Class Finals

Govenaires 85.10

Carolina Gold 83.65

Sunrisers 83.20

Windsor Regiment 81.45

...give or take a hundreth of a point. :w00t:

Of course, this is purely for fun and speculation. But, on the other hand, if what we are hearing from places like Atlanta, Allentown and England are true, the Top 7 will be an epic battle this year, especially in the 3rd to 7th range, IMHO.

Here's to an exciting and competitive DCA 2012 season!!!

Edited by DCC