Favorite Quiet Moments

1994 Phantom Regiment - Claire de Lune ending

• Like 2

:peek: The Santa Clara Vanguard 2011. :ph34r: Their entire show from start to finish . :peek:

I had to laugh...Good One.

Ok....

Some of my favs:

1988-89 SCV - After the Drum Feature, before the Company Front - "All I Ask Of You" with that fantastic Bass Drum run

1989 Cadets - End of the Ballad, right before the hit into "Attack on Rue Plumet"

1993 - Star of Indiana: In between Medea and the Music for Strings...

1996 - Phantom Regiment - Middle of "Fifth Symphony, Fourth Movement" with the Mello Solo, - side note: PR has a history a good Mello Solos, 91,96,08.

All for now, back to work

• Like 1

The middle of Crown '09s ballad at the

-- just celeste playing.

Quietest I've ever heard a crowd at a drum corps show. Virtually complete silence at that moment -- so cool.

I don't think anyone sitting with us in the Crown block seats breathed thru the entire solo. We were so afraid someone was going to yell "Go Crown!" or "Way to go Nick!" and spoil the moment. Thank goodness no one did. Kudos to ALL the fans!

• Like 2

Nobody does quiet like INT, imo.

• Like 2

Any SCV show with the down endings (83,84,89,00,09) all great ways to end a show without needing a super loud chord

Cadets '83

End of Cadets '87 where you can't even hear the soloist

SCV '90, ending the show from the tunnel

Cavaliers '04, the opening and the whisteling

Phantom '05, the tap section, and '10, the opening and closing from the tunnels

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 1

SCV '00 - Tag ending of Stained Glass. Stunning. I'd like to add the transition from Adagio to Stained Glass to the list, but we all know what happened there.

Generally any soft ending from Vanguard counts among my favorite "quiet" moments.

• Like 4

End of Cadets '87 where you can't even hear the soloist

Does it really qualify as a quiet moment when the crowd's so loud you can't hear the soloist?? He could've totally faked it finals night an no one would've been the wiser.

*Would suck to be him if that was his ONLY solo in drum corps....no proof!!*

Now if you're talking at smaller shows, then yes, I'll agree....I heard him at Drums Along the Mohawk. If I remember, he was restating part of the opening theme (the part right before the first loud hit in the show)

• Like 1

Does it really qualify as a quiet moment when the crowd's so loud you can't hear the soloist?? He could've totally faked it finals night an no one would've been the wiser.

*Would suck to be him if that was his ONLY solo in drum corps....no proof!!*

Now if you're talking at smaller shows, then yes, I'll agree....I heard him at Drums Along the Mohawk. If I remember, he was restating part of the opening theme (the part right before the first loud hit in the show)

Yeah, it's the opening statement of the piece, just played through. If you really listen, you can hear it.