Crossmen 2012 - Fragile

Hmm...soft ending sounds like a possible throwback to the 92 ending? Hard to say without seeing it! Anyway, surely they'll get the kinks ironed out, hopefully before their first show. Should be a good summer for them from the sounds of it

I think you are right. I am predicting a globe will appear at the end of the show.

I agree the soft ending sounds like a copy from 92... in general I don't like soft endings, so they have to be done really well. I suspect if it doesn't work at all they will cut it, but right now there is a lot of time to make it work the way they want.

hopefully the soloists will not have mics.

also, lol at drum majors conducting to a recording for an audience. I guess they wanted the DM students to be able to show what they worked on / learned just like the other sections, but I agree it is weird.

appreciate the report MaestroBen!

Based on a video I saw on Facebook of the Crossmen performance, I was really impressed with the state of the show at this time of year. I've visited them during Spring Training in the past and I've attended first competitions.

I was very enthused by what I saw and heard. This could end up being one of my favorite Crossmen shows since they moved to Texas. The Planet X show from the year they made 13th is my favorite.

Based on the amount of time they have between now and their first show, I think they may come out of the gates really well this year.

just saw a standstill run of the ballad... it is awesome.

Where, man? I was just at Southlake Carroll high school because that's where the flier for tonight's performance said that they would be rehearsing from 9 AM to 3 PM. I drove by there at little after 1 PM and nobody was there.

They are at Dawson middle school. Watching the ensemble rehearse, I have a few observations:

1) The brass and percussion are pretty good right now. Soloists throughout the show, each one having a mature and present sound. Kudos. The impact moments have great clarity throughout the show, but the quieter sections tend to expose insecurities in individual playing. This will be fixed by finals. Baris definitely the fullest and best sounding ;)

2) I like them sticking to more traditional shows last year and this year. The arrangements are great and the final impact in a maltese cross gave me chills. This is a package that allows growth all the way to finals.

3) As per most corps around this time, their biggest weakness is visual. It would not be as noticable if there werent individuals using good technique next to several members who are not. A bit of noticable feet in the sound right now. The drill package is definitely achievable, its only a matter of personal execution.

Overall: If individual accountability can spread, this is a finalist contender. Couldnt get a read of the guard because of a low vantage point. Great show with young kids that have a good challenge ahead of them. Will post pictures and video later.

Where, man? I was just at Southlake Carroll high school because that's where the flier for tonight's performance said that they would be rehearsing from 9 AM to 3 PM. I drove by there at little after 1 PM and nobody was there.

well, perhaps I should've been more specific... but I saw it on the internet. Not in real life, unfortunately.

well, perhaps I should've been more specific... but I saw it on the internet. Not in real life, unfortunately.

That's ok. The flyer said Carroll High and when I went there they were not there. I could find nothing, in time, of where they were before I had to leave. Just a little perturbed that I did not get to catch a bit of rehearsal.