Crossmen 2012 - Fragile

I'm really liking their show thgis year. It's nice to see the Crossmen back up there! The only thing I don't get are the silhouette cut outs. They muddle the field and don't seem to really serve any purpose. Hoping that there's more coming with those - or that they get rid of them.

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

In Lynn, the Crossmen were definitely performing at a higher level this year than last. Regardless of the final placement in August, they should be very proud of their improvement and use it to continue to build confidence through the rest of the year. All signs are that they have been making the right changes over the past few seasons to attract and retain the kids that will help them advance competitively. At the same time, their design team is getting better at finding the right mix of what entertains the audience and what impresses the judges. Keep it up Bones!

I saw them at both Lynn and then Bristol. WOW. I have always been a fan of the Crossmen, but was always disappointed because they seem to never get as clean as they should. This year is MUCH different....I was completely blown away at the level of talent, and execution coming from the corps. They are really wanting that finals spot. Good work guys!!!!!

• Like 1

Wow. This show, this drill, this book is fantastic. I can't WAIT for TX to see this live. I've been anxiously waiting three weeks for a fan network vid of Bones. This is certainly a top 12 show with all the juice. I dig the throwbacks for DM unis. I can't wait to see this show maxed out at finals (in high def, with good audio since I can't actually attend). Someone tell those kids for me that their hard work is showing early, and there's no limit with this book. I'll be waiting in Tx, in stalkery fashion, for the live sampling. Hooked!

Thanks for repping Tx, this is definitive drum corps at its finest.

• Like 2

Someone tell Chuck. That the last chord of the ballad, the mellos or whoever need to resolve at the point the chord releases right now. Then add 8 counts. The crowd will go #######. I don't know. I always find a resolved chord more effective.

Always hated that from Cavies every year. RESOLVE THE #### CHORD. Haha

go bones!

Saw all the corps from ground level at Bristol and its an interesting perspective.

The Crossmen definitely have a presence and stature this year in how they present themselves that seems a level above the last few years.

I also watched them at practice and they are in a really good headspace--working hard and really into what they are doing. Good spirits.

They even got the day off on the 2nd to enjoy themselves.

Someone tell Chuck. That the last chord of the ballad, the mellos or whoever need to resolve at the point the chord releases right now. Then add 8 counts. The crowd will go #######. I don't know. I always find a resolved chord more effective.

Always hated that from Cavies every year. RESOLVE THE #### CHORD. Haha

go bones!

If they don't go "#######", I'm coming to haunt you...

:devil::cool::devil:

hehehehe...

Chuck

• Like 5

Hey Chuck, I have a question for you: When corps use samples of songs/movies in their show, do they have to still secure rights to those clips?

I'm digging the Sting audio before Earth Song!