Barnum Festival Champions On Parade

I'd love to attend, but with a baby due right before, I don't think I'll be able to sneak away if I ever want to see the baby again

In 8 months when the kid's waking you up at 3 am, you'll wish you had snuck away :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

$5.00 thats right $5.00 tickets to see a show of this caliber that's CRAZY, but we did it. Six Competing Corps Minnesota, Empire, Hurricanes, Reading, Cabs and Bush plus Four Exhibition Corps Skyliner Alumni, Westchester Brassmen, Park City Pride

and the CAB Alumni. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on line at WWW.barnumfestival.com, you will not want to miss this show, see you there.

P.T. Barnum

This is GREAT news!!! Perhaps send out info to the band directors in a 50 mile radius of the show site? This should be sell out crowd and hope it is!!!

Always one of my favorite shows. We camped out a couple years and held Sunday rehearsal at the stadium too.

This is GREAT news!!! Perhaps send out info to the band directors in a 50 mile radius of the show site? This should be sell out crowd and hope it is!!!

If I'm not mistaken, they let the band kids in for free last year is accompanied by an adult ...

:-)

If I'm not mistaken, they let the band kids in for free last year is accompanied by an adult ...

I think you might be right about that, Andy. Of course, I could be wrong about you being right. :tongue:

I know this story is anecdotal evidence, but last year we sat next to some folks from the Bridgeport area who went to the Barnum every year... and they said they saw more local people, especially more local families, at last year's five-dollar show than they had seen in years.

Five bucks again this year?? For that lineup??

I am so in on this. :thumbup:

FIVE BUCKS!!!

BRING THE FAMILY

AWESOME SHOW!

In 8 months when the kid's waking you up at 3 am, you'll wish you had snuck away :lol:

nah she'll be listening to 2011 MBI

I think you might be right about that, Andy. Of course, I could be wrong about you being right. :tongue:

I know this story is anecdotal evidence, but last year we sat next to some folks from the Bridgeport area who went to the Barnum every year... and they said they saw more local people, especially more local families, at last year's five-dollar show than they had seen in years.

Five bucks again this year?? For that lineup??

I am so in on this. :thumbup:

The "local" element ... so important to the Barnum's success ... many not realize that the Barnum Festival ia a multi-month, multi-venue effort which has the Champions on Parade and Great Street Parade as their culminating events ... many may not also know that the "$5 ticket" is seriously underwritten by several local businesses to pay the corps ... the "gate" alone could not do it ... but x amount of fans at $5 vs. y amount of fans at $20 makes for a HUGE difference in the crowd, which buys a lot of other "stuff" from the local vendors ... I'm personally hoping they bring back the beer truck ... hey, it's a Bridgeport thing ...

I hope a lot of people come out and enjoy "The Barnum"

• Like 2

The "local" element ... so important to the Barnum's success ... many not realize that the Barnum Festival ia a multi-month, multi-venue effort which has the Champions on Parade and Great Street Parade as their culminating events ... many may not also know that the "$5 ticket" is seriously underwritten by several local businesses to pay the corps ... the "gate" alone could not do it ... but x amount of fans at $5 vs. y amount of fans at $20 makes for a HUGE difference in the crowd, which buys a lot of other "stuff" from the local vendors ... I'm personally hoping they bring back the beer truck ... hey, it's a Bridgeport thing ...

I hope a lot of people come out and enjoy "The Barnum"

youre right it is important to support. That 5 buck price even if they fill the stadium doesnt do much. IF NOT for underwriters, which in this financial climate is surprising, this couldnt happen. The Festival over the years has had some huge financial burdens. Its amazing it still exsists these days....

You nailed it right there, Andy.... we talked about that same thing last year. With only five dollars to get in, we had more money for food, souvenirs, etc. And the hot dogs there were great!

A great deal all around. And it was nice to see a realy big crowd again in the stands for that show.