Weekend scores not announced until Monday night

I know two kids in different corps last year that had no idea what the scores were until announced in the theater or put up on DCI's website

maybe they were told dont say anything or maybe they just werent told..many knew ahead of time....some will get the scoop ..thats for sure...and others wont

you think the hook is get people in the theater to hear scores? They can do that at home or on their phone by then or at least at the same time..i dont think its marketing at all. Why not do 1/2 shows to get spectators to go to see part 2...DUMBBBBBBB

did you not see the word PART?

it's marketing man! Sure you can get the scores on your phone. Or, you can get together with a bunch of friends, go to the theater, see the shows, and hey, find out the scores too! Win win!

Look I've been among the first to call DCI out on stupid marketing in the past, but this ain't one of them. Scores are not the total hook, but a part of the hook. And as we see here, people DO care about scores.

• Like 1

maybe they were told dont say anything or maybe they just werent told..many knew ahead of time....some will get the scoop ..thats for sure...and others wont

some may. But I talked to staff who...um....clued me in about the G7 before it went viral, and they didn't know....and they know everything.

some may. But I talked to staff who...um....clued me in about the G7 before it went viral, and they didn't know....and they know everything.

dont believe it Jeff..Im friends with some of their visual staff and they knew...there will be the privlaged ( some ) who will find out, one way or another

Edited by GUARDLING

you think the hook is get people in the theater to hear scores? They can do that at home or on their phone by then or at least at the same time..i dont think its marketing at all. Why not do 1/2 shows to get spectators to go to see part 2...DUMBBBBBBB

Turn it around.

Is it less appealing to go watch a 2-day old show where you already know the outcome *before* you sit down in the theater?

Not dumb -- smart. By releasing the scores in the broadcast, the show "seems" live not canned. It certainly worked in the theater I attended for last season's kick off event.

• Like 2

Turn it around.

Is it less appealing to go watch a 2-day old show where you already know the outcome *before* you sit down in the theater?

Not dumb -- smart. By releasing the scores in the broadcast, the show "seems" live not canned. It certainly worked in the theater I attended for last season's kick off event.

i think knowing the score or not most who want to go to the theater would go either way....drum corps people need that fix by now

but youre right everything can be turned around...especially in our activity..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Turn it around.

:withstupid:

i think knowing the score or not most who want to go to the theater would go either way....drum corps people need that fix by now

but youre right everything can be turned around...especially in our activity..lol

I agree -- most but not all.

BUT because the show seems live, the actual experience is (a lot) more enjoyable. This means that people who attended *last year* will feel really good about attending again. And they'll tell *other* people who didn't attend that it was kind of fun!

Repeat customers + word of mouth marketing = WIN!

• Like 1

So most agree that going to the theater to see the show, hear the great sounds, AND get the scores is preferrible to driving a couple hundred miles, take a chance on the weather, spend more money and time, have nothing to discuss placement wise on the way home.

OK. I agree. And that's the point.

I agree -- most but not all.

BUT because the show seems live, the actual experience is (a lot) more enjoyable. This means that people who attended *last year* will feel really good about attending again. And they'll tell *other* people who didn't attend that it was kind of fun!

Repeat customers + word of mouth marketing = WIN!

Is there a cost/risk on the other side of the equation? Yes - losing fans in the stands. Is it worth it? I'm sure DCI has considered this, and still chose yes. We shall see.