So I've seen Boston and SCV practice a lot already...

SCV is at Sierra High school- about 35 minutes from Clovis- which is their 1st show. Amazing rehearsal site- is there any way I can share a picture? (Not sure How)

Stadium at Sierra High School, Tollhouse, CA

And may I say they are both doing great.

Boston had quite a few holes still, (kids were still on their way to California) but their sound was rich and exciting. This will be a GREAT show musically. Quite possibly my favorite music from them since the 2000 season.

SCV? Wow. They are doing the planets- so what else do I need to say? They sound incredible.

Needless to say, I'm excited!

That's great news for both of these awesome drum corps! After what I've read from a few posters on here (speaking about BAC), I was beginning to think that BAC had a long hard road ahead of them musically...Well anyway I'll get to enjoy the polished product from both of them at TOC this August. Is it August yet?...lol

It would be great to hear anything from either. I hope SCV makes a run for a medal this year.

• Like 2

I bet SCVs tubas sound excellent. :devil:

Dave Beck is out there in the holy land again and they do have Bruckner full time. Formidable would be a better word once those boys get hold of the line. :worthy:

• Like 1

I will admit that I was not happy with the Bluecoats brass guys leaving, and while I wish SCV well, I do believe the Bluecoats are going to put a hurting on them musically. Go Bloooo!

• Like 1

This is the quietest preseason I remember in quite some time. Usually quite a few videos have made it to the internet by now, but there has been nothing so far from SCV! I'm going into withdrawals.

Just as a random side note, my PM inbox has plenty of room. And another random note, I'm sure there are people on here who have videos or audio recordings. Two completely unrelated thoughts. Or are they? :ph34r:

Edited by cmathis
  • Like 3

I will admit that I was not happy with the Bluecoats brass guys leaving, and while I wish SCV well, I do believe the Bluecoats are going to put a hurting on them musically. Go Bloooo!

So long as they both put a hurting ON MY EARS I could care less who is "better." :thumbup: