Blue Devils Pre-Season Release

Sounds really good, and I liked the music book. The audience participation stuff at the beginning sounds goofy in the recording, but maybe it works with the visuals? It's up there with Crown in terms of the music books I've heard so far (although I haven't heard Bluecoats or SCV yet). Looking forward to seeing the first video, whenever that gets released.

I've definitely gotten to the point where I don't even think about BD until the season starts. Mainly because you don't know what you'll get from them so I like to play it safe and reserve all judgements/opinions until after the Premier. If this is the year that BD has a Fan Favorite show then the Mayans were right about 2012 :tongue:

lol. Amen.

I actually usually start the season being lukewarm but curious about BD's show (last yr was the exception; loved it from day 1), and this season is no different. There's something very JUXTAPERFORMANCE-y about it -- which is funny to me, because the Cadets' show last year had WINGED VICTORY written all over it.

We'll see!

• Like 1

Everyone has missed a very key fact about the Blue Devils recording they released: It is short on minutes & their repertoire lists: "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin as the finale - I expect an amazing ending using this piece!!

Everyone has missed a very key fact about the Blue Devils recording they released: It is short on minutes & their repertoire lists: "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin as the finale - I expect an amazing ending using this piece!!

They also listed Rhapsody In Blue and American in Paris in 2009, and we got 15 seconds of it. I'm not going to hold my breath too much, but I won't jump to conclusions yet. They might actually give us a full piece of music for their closer. we'll see

• Like 1

Being a fan of their '91 and '96 shows, it will be hard for me to not like this show. :smile:

• Like 2

I think it's quite revolutionary. love that they play a good portion of Bird and Bella in there not just the Bopster section.

Not that I had anything to do with it but earlier in the fall I had suggested to Wayne that combining music from 91 and 96 would be a dream show for me. He said that would be a good idea.

worthy.gif I love this show!

• Like 1

I think the right visual program will make this show shoot through the roof, artistically.

Maybe the field product won't get certain audience members to stop sitting on their hands. But that's not really in BD's control.

This has grown on me a lot over the course of the day.

And we allllllready know that the guard is gonna bring it.

Rhapsody is already there, actually. Check out the pit at 2:44 or so.

It's woven into the WSS stuff.

Edited by saxfreq1128