Cadets 2012

Apparently cadets are asking fans about what famous Christmas movie quotes they want in the show! Interesting fan participation! What can DCP offer?

I already offered up "You'll shoot your eye out." on facebook. I'd be more of a fan of this show if they put that in some way. I think this show works well and will inevitably get even better, but it is still hard for me to get past Christmas music. BUT, I'm one of those folks that doesn't really even like Christmas music during the season. The program in itself has plenty of merit and works great, just not my cup of tea. It's all good though, I tend to find that I like Cadets' shows most on alternating years for some reason. It seems that they alternate from whimsy to aggressive. Obviously they pull off both extremely well, but I like the more aggressive shows from them. Just looking at the last five years, And the Pursuit of Happiness, West Side Story, Toy Soldiers, Angels and Demons, Christmas. Obviously, this pattern doesn't hold up year to year, but it looks like it is a recurring pattern. Interesting...

I'll also add that the new digital present covers look much, MUCH better than what was in place prior.

Edited by Cron

Competing with PR and SCV for 3rd is where we are. All shows are comparable from a design standpoint. That is what it is. Now it will come down to clean, clean,clean and strong captions across the board. Cadets know how to do this.

• Like 1

Looks like Cadets have added an Angel to the show as of tonight. Redoing "the boxes" -- not sure what boxes those are, since they just recovered the ramps (maybe more fixes for ramps? or the guard gift package equipment?). New screens up front coming up, too. See Hop's FB.

I am hoping and wishing for all the best for Cadets tomorrow in Dallas. This show is remarkable in how it translates contemporary and familiar music into the most joyful piece of drum corps I have seen in a long time. Cadets will clean, clean, clean. Their drill is intricate and defines the music - well done. The guard work is mesmerizing already and I can only think that more is to come. These kids are the best. This show is a sparkler!!! Cadets...you're a class act through and through.

Edited by wonder123

So yeah...I noticed on Hopkins's FB page that the Cadets have secured housing for Murfreesboro at Glencliff HS in Nashville.

I'm just saying, but they better keep a close eye on their personal stuff. The Nolensville Pike area of south Nashville isn't quite the best part of town.

So yeah...I noticed on Hopkins's FB page that the Cadets have secured housing for Murfreesboro at Glencliff HS in Nashville.

I'm just saying, but they better keep a close eye on their personal stuff. The Nolensville Pike area of south Nashville isn't quite the best part of town.

i dont think many people have things to sled on around this time of year but those southern people are crazytongue.gif

... after hearing todays' "tweetcast" I guess we should expect an angel(s) to be added to the show by finals night ... Hoppy says they are bringing back something from last year ...

I would love to see the battle scene again but with Christmas shoppers instead.

• Like 2

... after hearing todays' "tweetcast" I guess we should expect an angel(s) to be added to the show by finals night ... Hoppy says they are bringing back something from last year ...

Better show design?

• Like 1