Cadets 2012

There was a guard member dressed in white already in Atlanta at the beginning of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" unless I am hallucinating. Perhaps they will put her in the costume from last year?

There was a guard member dressed in white already in Atlanta at the beginning of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" unless I am hallucinating. Perhaps they will put her in the costume from last year?

Precisely. With the wings. Just there for Gloria.

We're in the final stretch now, Cadets have to just get Cadet clean and out brass:drum PR. I've noticed they have been pouring much more emotion in the show (MM's) which can help sell their product and move GE up a bit. Not stellar design by Cadets standards but certainly a well performed solid program that can medal..Wondering why they aren't beating PR in the content areas visually. PR drill hardly challenging..

We're in the final stretch now, Cadets have to just get Cadet clean and out brass:drum PR. I've noticed they have been pouring much more emotion in the show (MM's) which can help sell their product and move GE up a bit. Not stellar design by Cadets standards but certainly a well performed solid program that can medal..Wondering why they aren't beating PR in the content areas visually. PR drill hardly challenging..

Saw their show at Night Beat, Cadets are getting Cadets clean! Wow! Great show, keep working!

• Like 2

From George on FB:

Well, we are not ones to sit and wait for good news, so in addition to working 10-13 hours a day, we did a little bit of fixing.

1- new Dialogue to begin the show

2- We turn the brass around on the backfield move of Carol 2 --- this took a good deal of work and was in response to judges' comments

3- we re-wrote the end of Carol 3 to assist the brass in sounding st

ronger

4- we added body and movement to Jingle

5- We re-wrote the guard dance at Dreidle

6- we added an angel

7- We added a star to the end of the show

8- We redid the support visually to a little tuba feature

9- We have added all new silks in the last week

10 - Changed the dialogue at the end of the show

11- The guard now goes to all white informs at the end

and there are more ....

• Like 1

####! These kids are putting in WORK!!! Can't wait to see how it plays out, my wife and I really liked this show at NightBeat.

From George on FB:

Well, we are not ones to sit and wait for good news, so in addition to working 10-13 hours a day, we did a little bit of fixing.

2- We turn the brass around on the backfield move of Carol 2 --- this took a good deal of work and was in response to judges' comments

ronger

6- we added an angel

and there are more ....

I love this. Just absolutely love this. This level of communication that is passed along to get you back interested in what they're doing and changes they might be making. Pulls you in and makes you want to check it out. I've never understood why you get a corps to say, "Our Theme is... Pumpkins." It's going to be orange and maybe scary. And then that's all you hear about it the entire year.

Engage in dialogue, conversation - listen to feedback and manage the response. Listen to the judges comments AND your fans. It only helps an organization if the mass majority are aware of (at least to an layman) what we're looking at.

I just had to spend time this afternoon explaining in another thread about Crown's show... "Why the cubes?" Well, Crown - tell them why you have cubes in your show. It's your show, but instead here I go - giving him my thoughts about the cubes. And you know what his final comment was, "Oh, WOW, that makes so much more sense now." "I was beginning to like BD's show because I couldn't get Crown's show, but now... I love the idea of the cubes." "I think now I like Crown more."

My point (and my apologies for this post, because i've already begun my decent in Ambien land), My Point is this - if we let them in (the fans) just a little bit and provide them with a wealth of knowledge to help better understand a show program - they won't spend so much time getting frustrated that they don't and even worse yet, won't.

• Like 1

From George on FB:

ronger

6- we added an angel

and there are more ....

say what you want about George... but the guy is open and honest about everything whether you agree or not. Plus the cadets seem to release a lot more preseason audio/video now than others which is cool

Edited by dcibrando