Cavaliers in Trouble?

I seem to be one of the few who really really enjoyed their show from a programming standpoint... I think with a new ending and lots of cleaning they'll be near the top like always.

• Like 1

guys, I hate to say it but I have to defend the OP.

I'm sorry guys, but this is not the same thing as 2010 cavaliers .... if you think it is, you are either blind/deaf/ or in denial. this is 2009 phantom regiment (maybe not THAT bad)... it's a bad design, and the pieces are not there like they were in 2010. :sad:

I hope the drill designer doesn't get the TOTAL blame for this. No, he's not nearly as good as gaines, but there are many more contributing factors to this show, mainly programming.

bleh... I don't even like making these kinds of posts.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 7

I'm going to try my hardest to be objective here. What I saw this evening at the theater really concerned me. It seems like Cavies have a very young, inexperienced membership. Some blatant errors struck me that a more experienced membership would have self-corrected. One thing that really stuck out for me was a moment in the show where the guard and brass are doing a partnering movement near the beginning of the show. Guard leaning on brass players legs. Legs going in every which way. I thought, if they need to spend time cleaning a simple move like that, they are not at the same level as Cavies past.

I'm sure as the season progresses, Cavies will have an entertaining show, I just don't think the 2012 edition is one that is "in the hunt".

Without having seen the show I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Serious lack of content on this thread.

its a long season and a corps of this stature can do pretty amazing things. I need to give this show another read but comments should be kept

repectful.

• Like 3

I'm sorry guys, but this is not the same thing as 2010 cavaliers .... if you think it is you are either blind/deaf/ or in denial. this is 2009 phantom regiment (maybe not THAT bad)... it's a bad design, and the pieces are not there like they were in 2010. :sad:

I hope the drill designer doesn't get the TOTAL blame for this. No, he's not nearly as good as gaines, but there are many more contributing factors to this show, mainly programming.

I liked 2009 Phantom Regiment :lookaround:

• Like 7

On first read from the theater... I hate it. Not counting it out but this show just doesnt do it for me, at least not yet.

just add some parallel lines with a spinning contra circle some upside down players and some flips and people will change their mind. Ive never liked a Cavies show (not my type of design) but i have liked alot of shows that everyone is not fond of (Cadets narration shows and BD the last 5 years) so maybe Ill like this one. Going to see the show in Kalamazoo so well see.

Also want to add that only 6 groups have competed. You cant even predict who is a contender is till atleast a regional.

Edited by MotorCityMusician
  • Like 1

While I didn't like it very much, DON'T COUNT THEM OUT!!! They have a WHOLE season to make this show work! Yes maybe the programming isn't the best but they aren't just going to roll over! They are going to do the best with this show they can, I KNOW they aren't going to go down without fighting! It's the first weekend so GIVE EM A CHANCE!

What I saw tonight was an empty shell of a show that can be great, they just haven't made it great yet, I hope they make it work, it's got the potential to be crowd pleasing! I'll make my judgement in San Antonio NOT opening weekend.

This show has all the room in the world to grow, so let's give them a chance to let it shall we?! :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx

I'm sorry guys, but this is not the same thing as 2010 cavaliers .... if you think it is you are either blind/deaf/ or in denial. this is 2009 phantom regiment (maybe not THAT bad)... it's a bad design, and the pieces are not there like they were in 2010. :sad:

I hate to say it, but I feel the same as you and I have always taking a big liking to what they do. The Cavaliers visual package has become a trademark and I think the drill is okay, but not Michael Gaines knock it out of the park good, but I am also not getting a theme of 15 minutes of Fame. Not sure what, if anything, can be done. I just hope Gaines will be back....

• Like 2