Cavaliers in Trouble?

Nah, not 8.

I think we lost to them in Murf and Indy (though we were quite close in Indy), and didn't end up beating BD until Quarters. I remember thinking we had a shot after Indy because we had an awkward visual show that night and still managed to score quite close to them.

Yeah you're right, my bad. Still though, the first time you saw them, you guys only lost by .55 and the next night it was down to .1 and then beat them from that point on. I remember you guys being fairly dirty in Allentown that year (think that was 2-3 weeks before champs) but you guys had cleaned up dramatically come Quarterfinals so I contribute that to more just cleaning up the show than a than the new ending. Didn't that ending go in the middle of July or so anyways?

I talked to someone who knows somebody who's friends with a girl who dated a guy that's currently marching with the Cavies and word on the street is they already folded and all members should be home by Wednesday.

True story.

Nope sorry, debunked. :tongue:

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 2

I am not going to comment on anyone's show. However, I think it is SHAMEFUL for a supporter of a particular corps (or so they claim) to come onto DCP and trash your own corps. I may not be a Cavies fan, but this attack by a "supporter" is beyond the pale. A couple days ago, a similar attack was waged by a Blue Stars alum against that corps.

Yes, yes...I know all about free speech, it's a discussion forum, etc. But I can tell you, as a Boston supporter, if my corps came out of the gate in June and for whatever reason was struggling, as a supporter of that corps, I would still be supportive of those kids and that staff. Isn't that what corps alums/supporters do?

Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but predicting the end of a 65 year old drum corps based on opening weekend seems a bit harsh. :rock:

• Like 2

I would say 2004 Cavaliers beat out Blue Devils for the first time after they inputted their new ending, we weren't doing anything against BD until that craziness got added.

Actually, we were pretty close to them score-wise the whole season even until the end. It felt like one of those 'any given day' either one of us could have pulled it out.

Honestly - I'm looking forward to seeing what the boys can put together in July when they come to Houston. I have full confidence that I'll enjoy this show just like I've enjoyed all of the previous ones... no it might not be as iconic as Machine, 007, or Frameworks, but that's ok... I'm sure it'll still be The Cavaliers. :)

Edited by CloudFuel

I am not going to comment on anyone's show. However, I think it is SHAMEFUL for a supporter of a particular corps (or so they claim) to come onto DCP and trash your own corps. I may not be a Cavies fan, but this attack by a "supporter" is beyond the pale. A couple days ago, a similar attack was waged by a Blue Stars alum against that corps.

Yes, yes...I know all about free speech, it's a discussion forum, etc. But I can tell you, as a Boston supporter, if my corps came out of the gate in June and for whatever reason was struggling, as a supporter of that corps, I would still be supportive of those kids and that staff. Isn't that what corps alums/supporters do?

Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but predicting the end of a 65 year old drum corps based on opening weekend seems a bit harsh. :rock:

I agree, Craiga... Its like the Cavs show " 15 Minutes of Fame " becomes DCP's show of " 15 pages of Flames ". Geesh, if fans don't like a show and say so fine, but the title of " RIP to Cavaliers " is a bit over the top in bad taste, imo and maybe a few fans here should think of maybe thinking of dialing it back a notch here on their first take on the 2012 Cavs here in June.

Edited by BRASSO

It's not that shameful. Do we have a right to discuss things that are on our minds or not?

-Also, no one is predicting "the end" of the Cavaliers. They are predicting that this will be a poor season for them.

• Like 2

I'm not worried - I was part of the '88 corps. we were horrible early season and were ranked as low at 10th. Ended up the season in 5th. I have complete faith in what the Cavies organization can do in a season!

Later,

Mike

It's not that shameful. Do we have a right to discuss things that are on our minds or not?

Sure, and a surgeon in surgery can use a scalpel or a machete in his procedure, as they both can do the job. Which would you prefer he use on you ?

• Like 1

Sure, and a surgeon in surgery can use a scalpel or a machete in his procedure, as they both can do the job. Which would you prefer he use on you ?

Depends on my mood, I suppose. Either way, no one's going to die from this discussion.

• Like 2

It's not often that I post on here, but I can't let this one go. As the mom of a current drum corps child(and you can see from my name it's not the cavies), and one that has been involved with drum corps and in a drum corps family since 77, I find this line of discussion and especially the title of this thread appalling. These kids just came out of a grueling spring training, are excited to show you what they have and then they will get on here and see that title. I don't care how anyone feels about the show, the staff or what's happened previously - Yes I know there's free speech - but there's a line, and these are kids who are giving it everything for all of you. I wish this thread would be closed down - it's not productive. It's June - it's the first show - entire shows can change by August.

• Like 7