What happened to the"Green Machine" or broken gears !

:peek:

popcorn.gif

Crap, I ate the last of my popcorn last night watching a movie.

BTW, you have great corps loyalty. :thumbdown:

Edit: Found some... popcorn.gif

Edited by skeptic

Perhaps THIS year will be the year that SOME of the Cavalier management and staff will stop drinking "the kool aid" and realize that they need to win and start teaching how to !

It ALL starts with M&M guys (ya know marching) !It makes ya look good !

The Chicago Cavaliers did NOT start winning until they got Lenny Piekarski as a M&M instructor in 56. Maybe a cue needs to be taken from past history !

I posted on the Cavalier Alumni Associations page on "Facebook" "That Cavalier tradition is WINNING, not 4th place" !

What happened to "The Green Machine" ?

I've said for 3 years now "These guys can't march"!

That prompted a call from a Alumni that still has close connections with the corps screaming at me about my opinion !That I've been away from corps for 35 years and didn't know what I was talking about. Hmmm has a clean drill changed that much. Has keeping interval not mattered ?

I was also told to "SHUT UP" by that same Alum because of a post I made last year on "Splooie" (the Cavalier alumni association's official website) when they continued to lose !

He was afraid it was a bad time and it may offend the kids (current members)and staff ! Well tough nuggies! If you can't stand the heat, start winning or stay a loser ! Or if the staff and the 30 or 40 part and full time instructors isn't doing the job evaluate and FIRE them !

Last year the "Cadets"were a better corps than the Cavaliers. THEY COULD MARCH and had a better show !

The corps (The Cavaliers) in my opinion is not being taught HOW to win ! I've been told and its been written "That the Cavaliers are NOT about winning !

"Its about a good show" ! For who ? If that's the case why is it JUDGED ? Just do exhibitions !

The current corps is drinking the kool-aid that we mixed for the losers in the 60s !

When I marched in the 60s many of the corps worked just as hard as we did if not harder !

Most of the time we beat them ! A few years 64 , 65 we didn't and ya know what we were NOT as good as them ! As much as I hated losing, I hated giving credit where credit was do, and shaking hands with the folks that beat us ! I did it, and swallowed humble pie (it stuck in my throat)!

I don't ever remember shaking hands with someone that had just taken 4th place (after we won), maybe I did but I really don't remember them !

The corps uses "gears" as a fund raising tool! I think it should be broken gears now !

.....It's nothing a little Chuck Norris can't fix....

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

I have reached my daily limit of positive ratings...

Apparently Charlie Sheen stole "Winning" from The Cavaliers after they invented it. What's next? He steals Splooie?

You know that Fiat "I love house arrest" commercial is getting old.... :devil:

Corps is marching towards the front sideline, one of the horns whips off his shako and.... guess who...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Crap, I ate the last of my popcorn last night watching a movie.

BTW, you have great corps loyalty. :thumbdown:

Edit: Found some... popcorn.gif