George Hopkins

Hopkins isn't on the DCI board of directors anymore. Nothing to see here, pal...move along.

I agree! 658 posts on 66 pages (in the standard settings) and of everything I've read THIS ^ post is the ONLY one made with even the slightest spark of rational logic and TRUTH! HOPKINS HAS NO POWER ON THE BOD ANY LONGER! He has no vote, no power and very little say in what rules are proposed and passed in DCI's current system. Therefore, we will NEVER see woodwinds in DCI and this thread is hereby a complete waste of discussion. But if you all want to continue stirring this now empty pot, knock yourselves (and your precious hours) out. I think it's silly!

• Like 1

you mean like the diminishing Fan base of DCI?

Those that see the fading popularity of an activity and do nothing to change or alter it, only pushes it further down the course it's heading.

Look, I don't want woodwinds as much as the next guy, but I'd rather a DCI style band than nothing. And why must we crucify a person who is trying to come up with ideas to prolong the end of the activity, even if you don't agree with their ideas? At least he is doing something about it. I dont see you or the majority of people on these forums doing anything.

Actually, he's not doing anything about it anymore. He can't. His voice has been silenced. Do some research.

• Like 1

No its not...see we both have opinions.

Sure it is...

Yet another opinion from the peanut gallery here. tongue.gif

Many of DCI's core audience are "excluded"....by the age rule. Care to comment?

My DCA friends will have take a breath with this, but . . . . . .

If the true argument is a decline in participation why isn't the easier option to raise the age out limit to 23. By changing the instrumentation there MIGHT be an upside, but there could also be too much of a change in the product that it potentially pushes away the fan base. Is that risk worth taking?

The first rule of marketing is "Once you have them, keep them" Someone would have to tell me that if they had the chance to stay in the activity, would they? I would think the only reason those folks stopped marching is because they are told they can't. What is the difference? They're still of college age, and at a time of life where marching corps would still be an option. I don't think raising the age higher than 23 would see that much of a benefit as "One's life has to start sometime" Time to grow up!

Speaking as a WW player, it's too much of a risk to the product to go down this road when there are other options that are less drastic and could be more easily implemented.

lol...funny....except DCP isnt changing anyones mind :w00t:

well, not quite. DCI has done some outreach based off of stuff on here....after the first year at Lucas Oil and the uproar, and after the G7 stuff went viral...you have seen people in DCI do some things to try and "quell" the masses"

I agree! 658 posts on 66 pages (in the standard settings) and of everything I've read THIS ^ post is the ONLY one made with even the slightest spark of rational logic and TRUTH! HOPKINS HAS NO POWER ON THE BOD ANY LONGER! He has no vote, no power and very little say in what rules are proposed and passed in DCI's current system. Therefore, we will NEVER see woodwinds in DCI and this thread is hereby a complete waste of discussion. But if you all want to continue stirring this now empty pot, knock yourselves (and your precious hours) out. I think it's silly!

yeah and we tought he'd give up on electronics too.

nothing to see here, move along

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

yeah and we tought he'd give up on electronics too.

nothing to see here, move along

:rolleyes:

I'm not talking about him "giving up". I'm talking about the fact that he no longer has a place on the BOD. You kinda need that to propose "rules". Dude, the guy is GONE! He has nothing TO "give up" because he is no longer on the BOD.

You seem to be missing my point here. When he proposed and passed electronics, he was on the BOD. Now he is not, so, how is he going to pass a rule through the DCI BOD when he no longer has any part of it?

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012

I'm not talking about him "giving up". I'm talking about the fact that he no longer has a place on the BOD. You kinda need that to propose "rules". Dude, the guy is GONE! He has nothing TO "give up" because he is no longer on the BOD.

You seem to be missing my point here. When he proposed and passed electronics, he was on the BOD. Now he is not, so, how is he going to pass a rule through the DCI BOD when he no longer has any part of it?

Wrong. Anyone can propose a rule. It's in the rules, and we have seen proposals from outside the BOD get submitted. Plus the BOD may only be 9 members, but rules proposals are voted on by ALL World Class Corps Directors.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

Wrong. Anyone can propose a rule. It's in the rules, and we have seen proposals from outside the BOD get submitted. Plus the BOD may only be 9 members, but rules proposals are voted on by ALL World Class Corps Directors.

Yes, but doesn't an outsider have to get his or her proposal past the BOD first before it is officially submitted and able to be officially voted on? If so, he's going to have a hard time convincing some of the current BOD members.

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012

Indeed. (Green plussed for truth.)