Boston Crusaders 2012 - BAC

Congratulations to BAC for throwing down your best performance of the year and IMPROVING your competitve placement at finals---for the second year in a row!

So very proud of all of you!

Craig Scott

3 years in a row

2010 : 9th

2011 : 8th

2012 : 7th

Movin' on up. Young Corps too... not too many ageouts, I 'm told.

• Like 3

3 years in a row

Yes BRASSO looks like things are coming together. Great organization.

• Like 1

3 years in a row

I concur that the corps had a very good year and were well received by the high majority of fans. The vets said they had many new younger members who were very good. The key will be how many will return.

They need to mix "Red" with "Core of Temptation" and see what transpires.

Yes BRASSO looks like things are coming together. Great organization.

This is the 2nd year in a row where Boston made amazing improvements the last 2 weeks to peak ( within their grouping of Corps) at just the right time on Finals Night. Boston had lost to Cavs by 1.4 pts and 1.3 Pts on July 29th and 31st... and had lost to an excellent Madison Scouts Corps by 1.50 pts on July 21st. Both the Madison Scouts and the Cavaliers are great organizations with a lot of great history and pride there. For the Boston Crusaders to come back from these deficits and top in the same year not one, but both, on Finals Night in Indianapolis is no small feat for them, imo. More importantly ( as this is what I most care most about anyway ) the Corps had an entertaining show that offered familiar music and an interesting visual to complement it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I just read this most inspiring story on the Boston Crusaders Facebook which brought me to tears and I'd like to share it here with everyone on DCP:

"As we celebrate our 7th place finish there is a marching member we wish to profile, Ilsa Curry. Ilsa's story is one of amazing courage. To us she will ALWAYS BE A GIANT. Please read below

Why do you march with the Boston Crusaders? I march with the Boston Crusaders because they gave me hope when I had none. I came to this stage in my life extremely broken-hearted and I knew I had to prove everyone that told me that "you can't do it" wrong. Because honestly, there aren't four more inspiring words to me. It's like telling someone to not go push the red button. If you tell someone "no" they're going to go push that red button. I lost my left eye in June 2010 due to a chemical accident and I am going blind in my right eye from strain/sun damage. I am scheduled to receive surgery in August after I get back from this summer. This corps means too much to me to ever give up. They are the reason I keep pushing and fighting. Without them, I am nothing. I march with the Boston Crusaders for the same reason everyone else does: to have my life be changed. for my friends. so when I have a seeing eye dog and am blind next year, I can know I had this red and black family behind me, supporting me all the way.

What has the Crusader experience meant to you? It gave me my life back. It taught me how to "see" without seeing. I don't use my eyes for marching, I use kinetics. I feel the people around me. Everyone has a different wavelength. To me, its more effective than using your eyes anyway. It gave me my best friends, it gave me a family. And I would be nowhere without them.

Tell us about your proudest achievement in drum corps. I'm the blind girl. doing drum corps. Enough said."

412940_430879200289362_358675976_o.jpg

• Like 6

This is the 2nd year in a row where Boston made amazing improvements the last 2 weeks to peak ( within their grouping of Corps) at just the right time on Finals Night. Boston had lost to Cavs by 1.4 pts and 1.3 Pts on July 29th and 31st... and had lost to an excellent Madison Scouts Corps by 1.50 pts on July 21st. Both the Madison Scouts and the Cavaliers are great organizations with a lot of great history and pride there. For the Boston Crusaders to come back from these deficits and top in the same year not one, but both, on Finals Night in Indianapolis is no small feat for them, imo. More importantly ( as this is what I most care most about anyway ) the Corps had an entertaining show that offered familiar music and an interesting visual to complement it.

I totally agree with you Brasso. Boston had a very good corps this year. And the show? Dynamite! Congrats to the entire Boston Crusader organization for 'putting it all together'.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you Brasso. Boston had a very good corps this year. And the show? Dynamite! Congrats to the entire Boston Crusader organization for 'putting it all together'.

Yes, it must have been a fulfilling year for the entire Boston Crusaders Organization, and those are classy overtures from you as a former Cavaliers Alum.......also,I just read the story of the girl in Boston above that marched this season and may possibly lose her eyesight soon. She epitomizes why this activity.. all Corps.. all marchers... goes way, way, beyond scores and placements. She's an inspiration to old and young alike. She's truly a beautiful and wonderful young woman that has seen some wondrous things in her short experience with the Boston Crusaders that many people never get to see and experience in their entire lifetime. I am touched by her courage and her bravery. She is unstoppable. Because she chooses to be. She is truly a Giant of a young Woman.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

A few finals photos from above...

59a07a83452511f4b4a88597e2d933c2c11535afcb199b8bfca738b8b0ba98ed6g.jpg

Photo: Chris Maher/corpsreps.com

6aeb2599d06c13aa68acf47a22f9294d8cdc276af58334b20b521fba26534ba76g.jpg

2a4dff8ccad21a6671cee98e1098b94edbf73990f07856a37fb51adc00676d246g.jpg

c8ac984a01ee75f82af4498655558fae23373b0eb8041e07d9d6910011dccb0a6g.jpg

73f48a2497c04de86e03fc4dd4888dd57233f39fea428d1c56a222eb46c48f686g.jpg