Boston Crusaders 2012 - BAC

This is just a small compilation of twitter/DCP posts from various show threads 7/16 - 7/23...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/152449-boston-crusaders-pass-milestone/

Olathe Show:

‏@amandagoodwin11If it has any affiliation with Boston, Massachusettes.... I'm in love.#BostonCrusaders #DCI

@buttongod_ksBAC starts out with a nice use of backfield horns. TONS of rifles in the air at the end of their show. #Dci

@BenNebMalounANOTHER GREAT SHOW TONIGHT BY THE @bostoncrusaders ! Up next, @TheBlueDevils

Round Rock Show:

fsujuan93 Dang Boston, I really like you guys! Guard unis sell the show well. Classic dci show here folks

(TxBigfoot) Madison was great but Boston should squeak past by .75 points. Hornline was powerful yet full and rich. Liked the show. I am a brass guy so I tend to focus on brass and comment on other things that stick out

benjaminzein Boston was so good!!!!!!! #dciaustin

Houston show Review (jwillis35);

Boston Crusaders - Love the pre-show, love the opening impact, and I love the music throughout the show. The drill is excellent and makes logical sense. In so many ways this is a very-well designed show. If they want to repeat in top 8 (and I think they can), they will need to clean clean clean. Brass needs some musical shaping, and some balance issues are starting to show. The percussion needs to drive tempo better and must also know where to back off and allow for more pit or brass contributions. Their total music ensemble just needs more fluctuation of the balances between the section in order to create better color, better musical flow, better overall artistry. The music book is tough. Pines of Rome is no joke for any corps. I love the arrangements too. Unique enough to not be compared to Star of Indiana 1991, yet still demanding enough to be a lot like the original orchestral work. This is definitely one of my favorite shows this year, but they really do need to clean. One thing I will mention is during one of the longer percussion features they get into 2 long vertical lines and then push them towards each other at center field. At the end of that it seems like they chicken-out by not holding the form when they stop the two lines (face to face). Now they do a pose. Please don't do that. The pose does nothing. Be a MAN and hold that form! The pose is a copout and does nothing for the audience. Still, many BRAVOS to Boston on another excellent show!!!

San Antonio show:

(kevingamin) You have to work to mess up Resphigi on the drum corps field. Fortunately, Boston works to make it sound great.

(kevingamin) Nice on the Roman Festivals stabs!

(kevingamin) I like how this is building up intensity as the corps slow comes forward.

(jasgre2000) This might be my favorite show this year, from a musical standpoint. BAC always selects awesome music.

(kevingamin) Oh, that was killer from the upper and middle brass! Excellent crescendo to the release and the cutoff was razor sharp.

(kevingamin) I really need to get a recording of Belkis. I loved when Cavies played this in '94, too.

(kevingamin) This is a much better performance than last night. A lot more energy from BAC. Let's see if they can close out strong.

(ohwiseone) Boston- any corps that plays pines is an ultimate favorite.

Boston there is a reason why you have become one of my favorite groups over the past few years. This show is why, oh and playing Mahler also a plus

Also help that when doing your a show that is Rome-like in nature, having the females in your guard be as pretty as they are

(Cardman) I really like Boston's show this year. That looked like a new ending (didn't watch them last night.) I wish the camera were just a little higher and panned out just a little more. Being this close makes it a little tough to read some of the forms. Good job, Boston!

(MrBud) BOSTON CRUSADERS were MUCH BETTER TONIGHT than last night...Cavies are going to have a tough time beating that...

GOOD JOB CRUSADERS!

(Wonder123) Well done! Crusader's performances (drill and music) is maturing greatly and is good to see.

Ending was stunning - guard handles their piece well.

Great show to watch and enjoy!

(flammaster) They have really stepped up their game tonight! They were good last night too but this show was so good visually! Their music has always been good. So much to see in this show. I really loved the red silk tarp thing slowly being pulled in. can't remember seeing that in their show before.

(BRASSO) Boston... thank you for marching onto the field playing yourself on in the pre show. I really like this show. Visually there are some great moments throughout. Terrific performance tonite, I thought. Who knows what the judges will think on it, but this was a very entertaining and sophisticated production all around.

Odessa show:

Yea great Job Crusaders!

Crusaders were the shXX. And plus they’re from Boston. Bonus point. #thunderinthede

The Boston Crusaders made me tear up with that horn ballad.. Wow... Jon_Ortiz_ 2

• Like 2

This is just a small compilation of twitter/DCP posts from various show threads 7/16 - 7/23...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/152449-boston-crusaders-pass-milestone/

Olathe Show:

‏@amandagoodwin11If it has any affiliation with Boston, Massachusettes.... I'm in love.#BostonCrusaders #DCI

@buttongod_ksBAC starts out with a nice use of backfield horns. TONS of rifles in the air at the end of their show. #Dci

@BenNebMalounANOTHER GREAT SHOW TONIGHT BY THE @bostoncrusaders ! Up next, @TheBlueDevils

Round Rock Show:

fsujuan93 Dang Boston, I really like you guys! Guard unis sell the show well. Classic dci show here folks

(TxBigfoot) Madison was great but Boston should squeak past by .75 points. Hornline was powerful yet full and rich. Liked the show. I am a brass guy so I tend to focus on brass and comment on other things that stick out

benjaminzein Boston was so good!!!!!!! #dciaustin

Houston show Review (jwillis35);

Boston Crusaders - Love the pre-show, love the opening impact, and I love the music throughout the show. The drill is excellent and makes logical sense. In so many ways this is a very-well designed show. If they want to repeat in top 8 (and I think they can), they will need to clean clean clean. Brass needs some musical shaping, and some balance issues are starting to show. The percussion needs to drive tempo better and must also know where to back off and allow for more pit or brass contributions. Their total music ensemble just needs more fluctuation of the balances between the section in order to create better color, better musical flow, better overall artistry. The music book is tough. Pines of Rome is no joke for any corps. I love the arrangements too. Unique enough to not be compared to Star of Indiana 1991, yet still demanding enough to be a lot like the original orchestral work. This is definitely one of my favorite shows this year, but they really do need to clean. One thing I will mention is during one of the longer percussion features they get into 2 long vertical lines and then push them towards each other at center field. At the end of that it seems like they chicken-out by not holding the form when they stop the two lines (face to face). Now they do a pose. Please don't do that. The pose does nothing. Be a MAN and hold that form! The pose is a copout and does nothing for the audience. Still, many BRAVOS to Boston on another excellent show!!!

San Antonio show:

(kevingamin) You have to work to mess up Resphigi on the drum corps field. Fortunately, Boston works to make it sound great.

(kevingamin) Nice on the Roman Festivals stabs!

(kevingamin) I like how this is building up intensity as the corps slow comes forward.

(jasgre2000) This might be my favorite show this year, from a musical standpoint. BAC always selects awesome music.

(kevingamin) Oh, that was killer from the upper and middle brass! Excellent crescendo to the release and the cutoff was razor sharp.

(kevingamin) I really need to get a recording of Belkis. I loved when Cavies played this in '94, too.

(kevingamin) This is a much better performance than last night. A lot more energy from BAC. Let's see if they can close out strong.

(ohwiseone) Boston- any corps that plays pines is an ultimate favorite.

Boston there is a reason why you have become one of my favorite groups over the past few years. This show is why, oh and playing Mahler also a plus

Also help that when doing your a show that is Rome-like in nature, having the females in your guard be as pretty as they are

(Cardman) I really like Boston's show this year. That looked like a new ending (didn't watch them last night.) I wish the camera were just a little higher and panned out just a little more. Being this close makes it a little tough to read some of the forms. Good job, Boston!

(MrBud) BOSTON CRUSADERS were MUCH BETTER TONIGHT than last night...Cavies are going to have a tough time beating that...

GOOD JOB CRUSADERS!

(Wonder123) Well done! Crusader's performances (drill and music) is maturing greatly and is good to see.

Ending was stunning - guard handles their piece well.

Great show to watch and enjoy!

(flammaster) They have really stepped up their game tonight! They were good last night too but this show was so good visually! Their music has always been good. So much to see in this show. I really loved the red silk tarp thing slowly being pulled in. can't remember seeing that in their show before.

(BRASSO) Boston... thank you for marching onto the field playing yourself on in the pre show. I really like this show. Visually there are some great moments throughout. Terrific performance tonite, I thought. Who knows what the judges will think on it, but this was a very entertaining and sophisticated production all around.

Odessa show:

Yea great Job Crusaders!

Crusaders were the shXX. And plus they’re from Boston. Bonus point. #thunderinthede

The Boston Crusaders made me tear up with that horn ballad.. Wow... Jon_Ortiz_ 2

Thanks for compiling all of this---it is awesome for those of us who don't have that tweeter thing~ :tongue:

• Like 2

Just catching up with some San Antonio shows I had missed, including this one.

Disappointed to see the two lines that had been running at each other are now merely marching at each other, and from a shorter distance. It never quite satisfied before, but it needed to be more exciting not less.

• Like 1

Just catching up with some San Antonio shows I had missed, including this one.

Disappointed to see the two lines that had been running at each other are now merely marching at each other, and from a shorter distance. It never quite satisfied before, but it needed to be more exciting not less.

That might meen they take a hit in the visual/GE score. Too bad. The original drill move was a concern of mine when first seen late June, and I asked a senior instructor if they were going to get the feet movement cleaned up. They said eventually. What the judges have been saying may have the staff making changes. Hopefully they are still trying to do the original move "behind the scenes" and will bring it back soon.

b3de65de6a98062878eac4a81a03ee381a0339ad7f420764a23ee9315e25c7486g.jpg

That was an awesome performance tonight in Atlanta!!! Keeping working it guys! Absolutely love the show this year and the guard is FREAKING AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see and hear you August 5th!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I new it would finally come together! 7th place!!!!!

• Like 1

The Boo Blog from tonights show in Atlanta: Thanks Boo for a great blog! :smile:

...Intensity is something BAC EXCELS at btw!

-----

Michael Boo: I LOVE this pre-show. Huge hit as soon as the announcer presents them. They turn around right then and POW.

7:54

Michael Boo: Oh boy, they sure want to stay ahead of Cavaliers.

7:55

Michael Boo: They're hyping, and we know that can be dangerous. The intensity level is startling.

Michael Boo: They've added some quirky body sculpture moves.

7:57

Michael Boo: The move to the back corners is haunting. That particular effect comes alive in an enclosed stadium.

7:59

Michael Boo: This corps, based on how they're performing tonight, will not be happy if they place in 8th.

8:00

Michael Boo: This seems to be one of those "come alive" performances that turns up the heat a few degrees.

8:02

Michael Boo: And there are the "Conquest" bugle calls, thrown into the end of "Belkis: Queen of Sheba."

8:04

Michael Boo: I'm not going to be satisfied with anything less than this from them the rest of the season. Now if they can take care of the straight lines in the final block form that then mutates into a variety of other forms, they can move up.

8:04

Michael Boo: That kind of performance is hard to follow. I'm wondering if those of you watching the performance live on Fan Network could feel that through your speakers.

Just wanted to thank Michael Boo for another great job, was happy to see he felt the same intensity I did in Boston tonight. About time this corps has stepped up. The show and talent level are there, we all have been there, can they grasp and climb? We shall see! HISTORY TELLS ME THEY WILL!! GO BAC

Edited by nysader
  • Like 1

Just wanted to thank Michael Boo for another great job, was happy to see he felt the same intensity I did in Boston tonight. About time this corps has stepped up. The show and talent level are there, we all have been there, can they grasp and climb? We shall see! HISTORY TELLS ME THEY WILL!! GO BAC

I saw a funny line on Boston's facebook website before the Atlanta Regional from a fan( or a parent) that said " Welcome back to the Eastern Time Zone Boston Crusaders ". I thought that was a funny quip... and so true.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1