Stanford Live!

Being confused is not always an enjoyable experience. Even without a "theme" to view it by, it can come across as scattered musical ideas with no cohesiveness. Especially that opening.

And then there's this, though I would have said, "Even WITH a theme to view it by, it can come across as scattered musical ideas with no cohesiveness. Especially that opening."

BK way too close to BAK, if you ask me. And I don't mean by a letter.

• Like 1

I love phantom this year. Unfortunatley if they can't beat the blue devils this early with their much cleaner show (pr) then they aren't beating them later in the season. Sad day that dancing around a horse (which was so looked down upon on pink tables in 2006 but is ok now) beat the pagenty and cleanliness of Turandot.

• Like 7

6th PC 58.3

7th Mandarins 55.55

I think the spread between BAC and SCV is a bit large... SCV has quite a bit of visual dirt, although they definitely have a musical edge. But enough of an edge to constitute 2.5 pts? I'm not sure.

I also think Phantom should have been a tad closer to BD...but BD definitely deserved the win.

• Like 1

regardless of my enjoyment of the shows, the placements seem right. BD has time to grow on me

I've been trying to figure out what the uniform changes for BD is supposed to signify. Honestly, I think they would be better off just marching a full show with their full uniforms on.

For instance, instead of changing clothes, they could put in some crazy drill or some of that weird dadaism stuff they are trying to get across.

That, and the narration, sound effects, or whatever you want to call it really needs to stop. I feel the music would be much more enjoyable if it wasn't having to compete with the god awful sound effects.

• Like 1

Mainly because the shows aren't all that entertaining without a theme to pull it together. I enjoyed the 1930's show (though I don't think it was challenging enough to have deserved the scores it received), but outside of that one, I have to go back more than a decade to find a BD show that I could enjoy strictly on the merits of the program presented (without any further explanation).

Again, I don't claim to be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. I freely admit that I may be too stupid to get BD. But I don't think I'm alone. I want to like them, but they just aren't giving me things that I like. It's as simple as that. If they float your boat, good for you.

I understand where you're coming from, but if you go to their website and read the show description the show does exactly what is described. Yes, ladies and gentleman, BD figured out a way to perform a show doing whatever the f*$% they want and have it make sense to the show theme.