What year will Finals not be in Indy?

Why doesn't DCI request that the roof be open for all of Championships week? I remember when DCI first announced the long term deal in Indy, they said in response to some protesting of the "indoor" aspect that they would make every effort to keep the roof open, only closing it when necessary due to inclement weather. Now, once the long term deal is in effect, the roof is never open for Championships (at least so far).

I always wondered what caused the difference. Anyone know?

The problem with Lucas Oil Stadium is a little more complex than just opening up the roof IMO. A large number of surfaces, including plate glass windows on the luxury boxes, concrete walls within the stadium seating bowl AND the steel roof structure provide ample opportunity for sound to bounce around. This obviously ultimately diminishes our highly personal experience for a number of us sitting in different locations throughout the stadium. This equates to some good seats and others not so good IMO. Hence one reason why I am going to the TOC finals instead this year.

• Like 1

Bloomington or Madison. Those are godly places for drum corps.

Of all the venues I've been to over the last two decades...I strongly agree with your choices...Those two were indeed at the top of my favorites.

Lucas and THE corps are all working on the sound issue. Lucas is trying different things to better the acoustics and corps are programming differently to make the dome experience reward them.

I love the Idea of Indy forever.

For fans that attend these events INDY SUCKS. Lucus Oil can't even make this ANGRY MOB of concert goers happy. FAIL!

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/17490790/index.html

• Like 1

It's time for finals to come south again! How about Atlanta or Nashville?

Nashville would be awesome! Great stadium, lots or touristy stuff, excellent nightlife. Would be fantastic there.

Or Jackson or Miami.

:bleah:

but finals attendance in Indy has risen each year.

From a pretty low base. They haven't gotten close to the 27K paid in Pasadena in 2007 or 24K paid (IIRC) in Denver in 2004.

DCI made a tradeoff between lower venue costs in Indy vs. audience size. So far, Indy audiences have been poor by historical standards for finals but probably not so poor that this has been a bad decision. I'd bet that finals are in Indy "forever" (meaning until the paid audience drops below 10K or so).

Bloomington or Madison. Those are godly places for drum corps.

Now if Madison was godly for parking. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I loved finals in Denver. The stadium was great! I took the light rail to the stadium from the sold out DCI host hotel at the Adam's Mark. Of course it wasn't really sold out if you went to priceline and bid $40 a night like we did. Took a drive up through the continental divide the next day.... was just an overall great Finals for us. Love for DCI to go back someday.

I have VERY fond memories of going to Denver in 2004. Like Pasadena, I didn't want to sleep late after Finals so I could go out and explore the area.