Corps In 4th of July Parades

Not doing corps this year due to family issues so almost missed that 6 days from now is Independence Day. Will be staying home but for the sake of anyone thinking of going out lets list the corps and parades.

Lancer - Hanover, PA

7/4 - Dundalk, MD

7/4 - Towson, MD

- first two legs of the Marathon of five Baltimore Beltway Parades

Not sure when Have de Grace, MD is having their big parade but Lancers will not be in this parade.

Sky Alumni - 7/4 - Maywood, NJ

:-)

Sky Alumni - 7/4 - Maywood, NJ

And done before 11AM! That gives the members plenty of time to join in the festivities with family and friends.

The parades are also good money-makers for the corps, but we don't want to beat up the folks with 2 and 3 gigs the same day. One parade is sufficient and it keeps the family happy!

Atlanta CV will be marching the 7/4 parade in Loganville, GA.

I've lived in the Baltimore area since 1991... and I have yet to see any of the "around the Beltway" parades. LOL. (I've been to the Havre de Grace parade a few times.)

One of these years... :tongue:

I've lived in the Baltimore area since 1991... and I have yet to see any of the "around the Beltway" parades. LOL. (I've been to the Havre de Grace parade a few times.)

One of these years... :tongue:

Used to be a competition held on a pier close to the water...it was a freebie Garden State Circuit show. They used a corps equipment truck as the 'pressbox'...there were no seats. People just wandered by and if it struck their fancy they'd stop and sit on the lawn.

A corps I taught marched there...the Wayne Monarchs/King's Regiment. The 'field' was not wide enough...our basses were marching backfield, eyes on the DM. Well...one of them took one step too many...plop...right into the water he went! :tongue:

At the same event, a guy decided to parasail from the water...but he did not quite have his bathing trunks firmly tied...as he was lifted out of the water, his suit decided it would rather stay in the water...it fell down to his ankles! Oops... :tongue: