Chambersburg Show

I'm not sure percussion is all that big a weakness. The written books have only been a tenth apart -- execution is where the bulk of the spread (just a half point) has been. I don't think you'd see the books that close if Crown and Cadets weren't comparable.

And I wonder how much of the execution gap is due to the timpani phasing issues that are still taking place. No perc judge is going to be able to ignore those errors -- he's gonna be compelled to knock off a few tenths for it.

Interesting to hear what was said during Crown's ensemble yesterday. They were acknowledging that there are still issues, But they also seemed satisfied that good progress was being made on those issues and that the performers were figuring it out.

percussion beat the Bluecoats tonight, who have been a power in recent years

OK...but my comment was aimed at Jeff's complaint about the price being too high. Since they sold out every seat, plus a bunch of us buying the SRO tickets, it was not priced too high for the market.

Of course, size-wise it is not like Giant's Stadium...it is a normal sized HS stadium for NJ.

Mike, just because they sold out every ticket, doesn't mean the price isn't high.

If someone holds a political fundraiser at $500 a ticket, and it's sold out, does that mean it's not priced high?

You really need to stop drinking the Kool-aide and just once act like you are impartial to something YEA does.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 2

Mike, just because they sold out every ticket, doesn't mean the price isn't high.

If someone holds a political fundraiser at $500 a ticket, and it's sold out, does that mean it's not priced high?

You really need to stop drinking the Kool-aide and just once act like you are impartial to something YEA does.

And some people need to stop finding a reason to complain about every little thing.

First off, you missed a key word..."too". If the prices were "too" high that means they would not have sold out. Apparently, they were not.

Second, for a great night of entertainment, IMO the price was not too high. Go see a Broadway musical these days...they are topping $150/seat for orchestra and front mezz. $28 for reserved seats is not bad for a great night of drum corps, IMO.

Its not priced "too high" for those who want to support their candidate if they sell out.

Again with the Kool-aid crap.

• Like 1

Hmm...hitting the holiday cheer a bit early this year!!!! :tongue:

j/k

I wish! It's just the heat :devil:

Again with the Kool-aid crap.

I've yet to read a post of yours where you weren't praising the all mighty YEA or pushing something on their agenda.

Want all out drum corps entertainment for cheap?

$5 General Admission ticket at Bridgeport DCA show. Stands were about 3/4 full.

Where can you find a show that has TOO high prices?

MetLife Stadium show. $29 to sit outside the 20's, $49 to sit low near the 50 or high up outside 20 or $75 or $125 to sit closer to the middle on the 4th floor.

Luckily I don't even think I have to pay to see the show this year.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 2

And some people need to stop finding a reason to complain about every little thing.

Complain about everything?

I wish I was set financially where money wasn't a good enough reason to complain.

And really, while the cost of the show was just pushing a little too much, the fact that he can't once go against the grain of YEA is just aggravating to me and many other posters.

But hey, I guess since what I said is against the Cadets and their parent organization, you have to stick up for them and I don't blame you. However, I've always been a huge fan of the Cadets, just not a fan of everything they do.

Edited by Kyle B

I've yet to read a post of yours where you weren't praising the all mighty YEA or pushing something on their agenda.

Want all out drum corps entertainment for cheap?

$5 General Admission ticket at Bridgeport DCA show. Stands were about 3/4 full.

That's a little misleading. Didn't the town kick in a large amount of money to sponsor that show? AND it's DCA show.

Find a DCI show where tickets are $5/pop. (You won't because the upfront costs to DCI are far higher. )

That's a little misleading. Didn't the town kick in a large amount of money to sponsor that show? AND it's DCA show.

Find a DCI show where tickets are $5/pop. (You won't because the upfront costs to DCI are far higher. )

a minor point. DCA shows can be more expensive to run, because you have to negotiate with each corps individually, unlike DCI, where you buy a package.

In fact that's why Chambersburg runs a DCI show now, not DCA, but YEA does most of the leg work, and sets the prices. I'm sure Chambersburg gets a set amount regardless of attendance.

And I do know for a fact people went Sunday, said they were with a band Hop was trying to court, and voila, free tickets appeared for them.

a minor point. DCA shows can be more expensive to run, because you have to negotiate with each corps individually, unlike DCI, where you buy a package.

How much did the town of Bridgeport kick into that show ? Thought I read $20k somewhere. Hardly minor. Bridgeport is an aberration -- even for DCA.

Like I said -- show me someone who runs a DCI show where all tix are general admission at $5/head.

Edited by corpsband