Cavaliers in danger of missing finals?

Possible scenario; A Judge views 5 Corps. The 1st Corps on the field absolutely nails it! Now, does the Judge score them keeping in mind that 4 more Corps have yet to appear that night? Maybe the answer is to make notes until all Corps have performed & then do Score sheets. I know, a paperwork nightmare, but perhaps fairer?

In the Olympics they don't do it this way so why should DCI?

The fact that this is actually a topic is ridiculous. If there was ANY corps that knows how to out clean everyone else it would be the Cavaliers. That organization knows how to take things to the next level unlike a lot of other corps. To be honest, the only other corps who have proven they can do that are the Blue Devils and Cadets. That's a fact. Anyone who tells you otherwise has lost their marbles.

Everyone has an "off" year where things sound good on paper, But there's no possible way they won't make finals. Yeah i might be a little bias, but i also recall coming on this board and seeing everyone say they'd place around 7th or 8th in 2008, 2009 and 2010. I'll even go as far as saying they can make it to top 5 or 6.

• Like 1

Most everyone will be clean by finals. It's the vehicle that usually wins. Which is what is troubling...

• Like 1

This is nut's.

I am not a big Fan of DCI. BUT, I do follow score's and progress of some Corps each year. I have been into Drum Corps for 40 years. My favorite's each year are: Santa Clara, Phantom & Boston. I have seen many of the 2012 Vid's of many in the Top 12. I stop by here to keep up with info on, How things are going etc.

I have seen the Cavies Vid's and I read many of the things on here in many threads.

The Cavies WILL make Finals.

They WILL be between 6th and 10th. I have no doubt about that. (And I do NOT even like their show.)

They, as an Organization, (and Talent on the field) will take care of things, to get that done.

Saw their show in BG for the second time live and even with all the changes (more to come for Saturday) it was still horrible. The opener is downright laughable at this point from a design standpoint. I honestly laughed really loud at their big impact and everyone around me was doing the same thing. Sad part is I don't think it is meant to be laughed at. Cavies will make finals, I don't necessarily want them to, but they will. I will be shocked if they place higher than 10th though.

Edited by Crown Phan
  • Like 3

Saw their show in BG for the second time live and even with all the changes (more to come for Saturday) it was still horrible. The opener is downright laughable at this point from a design standpoint. I honestly laughed really loud at their big impact and everyone around me was doing the same thing. Sad part is I don't think it is meant to be laughed at. Cavies will make finals, I don't necessarily want them to, but they will. I will be shocked if they place higher than 10th though.

After the changes it was STILL horrible?

Is that based on execution or design?

After the changes it was STILL horrible?

Is that based on execution or design?

Mostly design. There are still execution problems but the design is just horrific.

• Like 1

Their design is silly. Their execution due to talent pool will keep them in the top 8 in the end, although I think it will be a battle. If the staff and the members like the show, so be it. But as a dci fan, its one of the least enjoyable shows I've wittnessed from a top corps (apart from BD).

• Like 4

Look I'm one of the biggest Cavies fans over the years, but anyone saying this is silly to ask is kidding themselves. Scouts were mega consistent in the 90's... As soon as the had mass exodus of staff and director they went south in a hurry.... Would anyone have predicted them missing finals if u marched during the 80s and 90s. It's one thing to be a devout fan, I am, it's another to turn a blind eye! Cavies will not be top 8.... Madison and Boston are too good with great designs. BK Spirit have better designs and likely could finish ahead. Cavies in 11 or 12 a real possibility. Out of finals also possible, but not likely!!

• Like 1