Lisle Friday July 13

Oh hey, you aren't biased at all!

This isn't a video game. I will never understand when people say things like this. Hours In does not necessarily equal Score Improvement. Those kids are not machines. There is NO TELLING what went down in the performance. Because at the end of the day, that's what gets judged: One performance. You act like bad runs are non-existent. That somehow every corps, every single night, must have had the best run it has had all year.

Reality does not function like that. Even forgetting for a moment that the DCI scoring system is a relative measure of the spreads between the different units and not a direct, stand-alone score, the idea that a score could go down in, say, percussion even though they spent more time practicing is foreign to you, why? Mistakes happen. Brain farts. Minor tears in performance. A million things can go wrong and over the course of the season most of them do.

Your anger is not only misplaced, its completely over the top and ridiculous. You are upset that your corps didn't score as high as you wanted them to. Nothing more.

flawless.jpg

• Like 1

Go back further then. Look at Quarters and Semis. Then look 2 weeks back .. a month back. Finals did have more variation .. but Semis didn't .. nor did Quarters.

Semi's: 9th in Visual GE, 9th in Music GE, 9th in Visual, 7th in Music total:

Sub-captions 9,9,9 GE Visual - 7,9,8 GE Music - 9 Total GE - 9,9,10 Visual - 9 Total Visual - 7,7,6 Music - 7 Total Music

Not the same is it?

How about 3 weeks before that? 4th in Percussion, 5th in Ensemble, 7th in Brass

How about 2 weeks before that? 3rd in Percussion, 6th in Brass, 6th in Ensemble

Semifinals 2 weeks later ? 6th in Percussion, 7th in Ensemble, 7th in Brass

Flipside ... Visual GE scores 3 weeks prior: 11th, 9th and 10th overall, 2 weeks prior 9th, 11th and 10th overall, Semis 9th, 9th, 9th. Finals 11th, 11th, 11th.

Hmmmmmmmmm All of this proves nothing right?

What's worse is that you're trying to discredit the merit of my post based on my NOT looking at the recaps from 4 years ago. The jist of my original post was that SCV and the other corps below them might have scored higher in specific subcaptions had the judges actually known what Cadets were going to score. I'm sure that by finals .... Those rank and rate scores will be pegged .......... it's not hard to do so when you have 5 times where ALL of the corps meet head to head in advance of finals night. All that said ........

PR only improved from an 18.5 in Atlanta to an 18.7 on finals night in percussion ......... 2 weeks later. Caption rankings don't always tell the full story. The raw numbers bare out even more information in this case.

I think you need to take a break.

• Like 2

Wow, I've been a Mom following her kids in drum corps for a lot of years. Thanks for the age reality check. I remember being in Buffalo, 2001 when BK didn't make finals, that was such a bummer.

Do you realize we met TEN years ago ??? OMG !!

G

• Like 1

Do you realize we met TEN years ago ??? OMG !!

G

Oh yes I do! We met on RAMP--(I think that was it). We didn't hit it off very well at first, remember? Pretty soon we began talking and the rest is history. We met the first time in '02 Finals, Wiscousin. It has been a long time. It's really hard to believe, woo, reality check.

• Like 1

Oh yes I do! We met on RAMP--(I think that was it). We didn't hit it off very well at first, remember? Pretty soon we began talking and the rest is history. We met the first time in '02 Finals, Wiscousin. It has been a long time. It's really hard to believe, woo, reality check.

lol......on RAMD(yuk) yes, I was "arrogant" to one of your responses but then someone else attacked you and the rest was history......we hit it off well indeed, and finally met I think Semis night in Wisconsin, then You introduced me to Craig finals night ! Such good times.....

I love keeping tabs on BK these past few years.

Geoffrey

Quick Two Minute review:

It is a 45-minute walk from the Lisle Metra train station to the show. Like Allentown, the stadium track adds too much distance between the performance and the audience. Here is Lisle, a nice full backdrop of trees.

Pioneer has good brass soloists.

I love the Blue Knights futuristic Firebird. The opening, quiet, hypnotic, circular drill is a pleasure.

Madison’s strong program still starts with those ugly ketchup and mustard stained flags. This solid book reminds me of riding Disney’s Splash Mountain …. all you can think about is the large flume drop at the end. The anticipation of the rotating company front makes this a great thrill ride.

Outstanding drill design and a powerful Planets headline an excellent Santa Clara Vanguard.

The over-stuffed Cadets Christmas pageant needs editing. Sparkling drill, winsome showmanship, and detailed music are plusses. But the tacky near-endzone multi-hued holiday slides during the introspective “Do You Hear What I Hear?” ballad need replaced. How ‘bout a manger scene or a Macy’s giant balloon instead? The lowly Grinch and loser Rudolph have joined lauded Linus to introduce the Whoville smorgasbord finale.

One of the best parts of Cavaliers Fame is its cover of “Out Here On My Own.”

On the train ride back to Chicago, two nightclub girls were kicked off for not paying their fare.

• Like 2

Quick Two Minute review:

It is a 45-minute walk from the Lisle Metra train station to the show. Like Allentown, the stadium track adds too much distance between the performance and the audience. Here is Lisle, a nice full backdrop of trees.

Pioneer has good brass soloists.

I love the Blue Knights futuristic Firebird. The opening, quiet, hypnotic, circular drill is a pleasure.

Madison’s strong program still starts with those ugly ketchup and mustard stained flags. This solid book reminds me of riding Disney’s Splash Mountain …. all you can think about is the large flume drop at the end. The anticipation of the rotating company front makes this a great thrill ride.

Outstanding drill design and a powerful Planets headline an excellent Santa Clara Vanguard.

The over-stuffed Cadets Christmas pageant needs editing. Sparkling drill, winsome showmanship, and detailed music are plusses. But the tacky near-endzone multi-hued holiday slides during the introspective “Do You Hear What I Hear?” ballad need replaced. How ‘bout a manger scene or a Macy’s giant balloon instead? The lowly Grinch and loser Rudolph have joined lauded Linus to introduce the Whoville smorgasbord finale.

One of the best parts of Cavaliers Fame is its cover of “Out Here On My Own.”

On the train ride back to Chicago, two nightclub girls were kicked off for not paying their fare.

HEY NOW! Easy on the GRINCH!!! His heart was two sizes too small!!!

Oh hey, you aren't biased at all!

This isn't a video game. I will never understand when people say things like this. Hours In does not necessarily equal Score Improvement. Those kids are not machines. There is NO TELLING what went down in the performance. Because at the end of the day, that's what gets judged: One performance. You act like bad runs are non-existent. That somehow every corps, every single night, must have had the best run it has had all year.

Reality does not function like that. Even forgetting for a moment that the DCI scoring system is a relative measure of the spreads between the different units and not a direct, stand-alone score, the idea that a score could go down in, say, percussion even though they spent more time practicing is foreign to you, why? Mistakes happen. Brain farts. Minor tears in performance. A million things can go wrong and over the course of the season most of them do.

Your anger is not only misplaced, its completely over the top and ridiculous. You are upset that your corps didn't score as high as you wanted them to. Nothing more.

You Misrepresented my comment as anger, Then went off on the misrepresentation. Straw man much? The corps that beat the Cadets in those captions probably were better. My point was knowing how hard the corps practices and how good the staff is, based on years with the corps. I was surprised the scores in those captions dropped. I know SCV will have a killer percussion section this year. I know Cadets made a boat load of marching changes. You just read too much into my statement.

• Like 1