The Fall

Yeah, but I remember when they were consistent finalists including when I was marching. But I'm old.

i remeber when making dci status was a big thimg for groups let alone 17. Lol theres no corps left.

I remember a time when placing 25th was a big deal, an honor, and something to be proud of.

In my time, usually, 3 or 4 groups cracked top 25 from the Class A/A-60 (Div 2/3) ranks. It was a big deal back then because it gave you voting rights and paid for some of your gas for next year. And you got the title of "Member Corps". That all went bye bye about the same time as the regions went away.

Thankfully, the Open Class corps have an opportunity to compete with World Class at prelims once again. There is no magic number for placement or membership status at stake ... just pride.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait a minute....Hopkins adores Obama....Obama does not observe Christmas......Something wrong here.

Maybe the show is a Fairy Tale.

-Bill

Being that Christmas is a holiday based on folklore & mythology and that the majority of the music they are playing is non religiously associated, more seasonal, I think its still safe

Besides, an overwhelming majority of DCI adores Obama... these are highly creative, talented, artistic, well educated, dynamic people... you dont think these people watch something like Fox do you? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Being that Christmas is a holiday based on folklore & mythology and that the majority of the music they are playing is non religiously associated, more seasonal, I think its still safe

Besides, an overwhelming majority of DCI adores Obama... these are highly creative, talented, artistic, well educated, dynamic people... you dont think these people watch something like Fox do you? :rolleyes:

Allow me to direct you to forum rules.

• Like 2

I miss the Current Events forum.... ;)

• Like 2