You want to see 'em get ready in June? Come up with some kind of a system that would add an AVERAGE of their season's score to their total at Prelims. Early shows would have much more importance.

In baseball and in football, if you're super at the end of the schedule but stunk up the place in the beginning of the season, you might not make the playoffs.

I think the corps would make sure they came ready to play.

You want to see 'em get ready in June? Come up with some kind of a system that would add an AVERAGE of their season's score to their total at Prelims. Early shows would have much more importance.

In baseball and in football, if you're super at the end of the schedule but stunk up the place in the beginning of the season, you might not make the playoffs.

I'd love to see DCA find a way to early season shows more important, and encourage more corps to come out in wee one. I'm not sure about averaging scores, but it's an idea.

Edited by Kamarag

The Hurcs guard is the best section in all of DCA. If you don't agree, I will fight you.

Honor Guard...Hell yeah..... LOL, led by my favorite "Door Stop". Explaination: Hurrcs were at our Rochester hotel and he help the door while my wife and her walker entered. We thanked him and he said "My previous life I was a doorstop". Later I saw him and said something like "Hey there's that doorstop guy". I got an :blink: then :tongue:

Would say that I don't pay much attention to the guard of any corps but Liz would whip my pansy butt.....

The guard score and performance is part of the current score the corps receives EVERY week.

My only concern with a weighted average so to speak is that may make corps more likely to come out later in the season, thus eliminating early season competition. Corps may not even start until July. If I had to make a choice between coming out weak in June and have that hurt my prelims placement or starting my season mid july but more prepared... I'm starting my season mid- july.

I'd love to see DCA find a way to early season shows more important, and encourage more corps to come out in wee one. I'm not sure about averaging scores, but it's an idea.

Well, if your corps comes out in Wildwood and/or Bridgeport (or any early season show) with an imcomplete, hastily put together program, and find themselves 5+ points behind the Bucs being smoked in every caption, their season is pretty much toast to start. Especially considering the fact that the corps may only have 8 contest ALL season, including prelims/finals. If this is not motivation enough, I can't see anything the circuit can do...other than impose fines.

Just wondering if we can turn this back into a review forum and take the talks of incomplete colorguards to a different thread? While this is a valid topic of discussion, you guys have totally hijacked this thread. I would really like to hear more about how the PERFORMANCES were rather than how the system is broken...

• Like 1

There's no shot at that happening, most corps are lucky to come out when they do due to non commitment issues they have to deal with from their membership at times. Smaller groups even more so

Edited by Fastone