Blue Devils vs. Carolina Crown

Yes i do. Another thread about BD and CC which could be in any of the other 10234872079374902834 other topics of these two.

Sorry

YES!

YES!

YES!

Mods, can we PLEASE create a thread called "the Great BD v Crown 2012 debate" and let people have at it on there? Why is it that every other thread gets to be about these two? Don't get me wrong, they are both fan-FREAKING-tastic. But they aren't the only ones.

But this forum is honestly, quickly turning into very little but topics created about these two. Or topics created about other things (ie, shows) melt into it really fast.

RIght now half the "trending" threads are about this battle and how ###### people are regarding each's performance in it.

Don't get me wrong- these corps are great- but this is getting tiring.

Also, I do need to make a point here. MANY have made the argument that BD is "not engaging" the crowd. But MAN have I seen a lot of arguing over their show! Obviously they've engaged enough people to actually make pull out the phone at the show or post when they got home. Engagement =/= entertainment.

Edited by pitmomma
  • Like 2

Crown is in 2nd place right now, and it seems like they only thing in the world they want is to win. They take 2nd as a complete defeat. I have listened to members, staff, and especially fans of the corps call foul on the whole system just because they aren't winning.

...if the drumline and guard don't perform on the level of BD, I don't see their entitlement to a championship as valid.Crown's Brass is amazing, and the scores reflect it. Go Them. But, if you think Crown deserves to win because you are in love with the show, just remember other groups in the lower tier of corps have shows that are equally fan-friendly and exciting.

Where is this "entitlement" from Crown or their fans? No one wants Crown to win without beating BD fair and square, least of all the members of Crown themselves. No one thinks their "love" of the show has any bearing on the scores.

Any corps that's been running a close second this late in the season will be excited about the prospect of winning. And judging is subjective enough that it's inevitable there will be disagreements over what should be scored how, including amongst the judges themselves--why else are there two each of the GE Visual and GE Music judges for the big shows? And they often rank the corps differently!

There's still plenty of retrospective complaints about how Cadets 2011 or Phantom 2008 won despite being "dirty". And Crown this year is called out, even by its fans, for being "dirty"--when the judges appear to think they're pretty #### clean.

In the end, I don't really see the point of starting a new topic on this. The only thing you seem to have added to the discussion is the accusation that Crown and its fans think they deserve to win, regardless of their performance level. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by skywhopper

Where is this "entitlement" from Crown or their fans? No one wants Crown to win without beating BD fair and square, least of all the members of Crown themselves. No one thinks their "love" of the show has any bearing on the scores.

Any corps that's been running a close second this late in the season will be excited about the prospect of winning. And judging is subjective enough that it's inevitable there will be disagreements over what should be scored how. There's still plenty of retrospective complaints about how Cadets 2011 or Phantom 2008 won despite being "dirty". And Crown this year is called out, even by its fans, for being "dirty"--when the judges appear to think they're pretty #### clean.

In the end, I don't really see the point of starting a new topic on this. The only thing you seem to have added to the discussion is the accusation that Crown and its fans think they deserve to win, regardless of their performance level. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Dangit, you make a great point in your last two paras but for the first, please see facebook, tumblr and a lot of posts on here. There are MANY, countless people who think that because Crown's show is "harder' it should win. And because they don't like BD's show, it should not. And because people don't lose their ish and jump up and down like maniacs (or for that matter, clap), Crown should win. True story. Sorry.

Case in point: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/152848-i-have-real-issues-with-the-blue-devils/page__p__3187519__hl__hint__fromsearch__1#entry3187519

Edited by pitmomma
  • Like 2

I will just point out that Crown must be doing more than "attempting" things in order to be < 1pt from 1st place. So to correct you:

What Crown is ALREADY ACHIEVING IS SIMPY AMAZING!

As it gets cleaner it will simply be more better amazing :-)

Gotcha, They have an outstanding vehicle with which to win a championship, and are achieving at a championship level... just getting cheated by the judges and competetive inertia... Gotcha! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by Big Bad Bari

YES!

YES!

YES!

Mods, can we PLEASE create a thread called "the Great BD v Crown 2012 debate" and let people have at it on there? Why is it that every other thread gets to be about these two? Don't get me wrong, they are both fan-FREAKING-tastic. But they aren't the only ones.

But this forum is honestly, quickly turning into very little but topics created about these two. Or topics created about other things (ie, shows) melt into it really fast.

RIght now half the "trending" threads are about this battle and how ###### people are regarding each's performance in it.

Don't get me wrong- these corps are great- but this is getting tiring.

Also, I do need to make a point here. MANY have made the argument that BD is "not engaging" the crowd. But MAN have I seen a lot of arguing over their show! Obviously they've engaged enough people to actually make pull out the phone at the show or post when they got home. Engagement =/= entertainment.

Lol, yet you're posting in it. :doh:

• Like 3

Blue Devils are really good, but their show is terrible.
There are MANY, countless people who think that because Crown's show is "harder' it should win. And because they don't like BD's show, it should not. And because people don't lose their ish and jump up and down like maniacs (or for that matter, clap), Crown should win. True story. Sorry.
Gotcha, They have an outstanding vehicle with which to win a championship, and are achieving at a championship level... just getting cheated by the judges and competetive inertia... Gotcha! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 1

If you are going to reply, please do so in context.

Context of what? All I see is:

Uh-huh!

Nuh-uh!

Uh-huh!

Nuh-huh!

In which you are fully participating. DCP Protip: Don't like a thread, don't post in it. Don't like certain type of behavior? Then don't engage in it.

• Like 2