Blue Devils on top...really?

The Blue Devils don't make me angry because they win all the time. They make me angry because their shows are the same crap every year and it's not entertaining anymore. 2007 was an amazing year. The Blue Devils aren't in it for the fans, just the trophy. When I watch shows from Crown, Blue Stars, Bluecoats, as well as others, it's obvious they are trying to make an incredibly entertaining show for the audience first and worry about the scores second.

Edit for year.

Edited by SiBlueStar
  • Like 6

While I liked 2011, last years show..theres just something magical about this years show. Its not going to be beat, it has all the elements, and its not only technically a monster, its fun, its easy on the ear, yes hummable, visually, its pretty, lots of good movement and field coverage and something that BD does the best..integration of all sections. That brass is outstanding and I love their style.

Believe me, I love Crown, SCV, Phantom, three of the best shows of the year, but when BD comes on theres just something extra special about it.

Geoffrey

• Like 4

Must be something cause it isn't those uniforms. :devil:

While I liked 2011, last years show..theres just something magical about this years show. Its not going to be beat, it has all the elements, and its not only technically a monster, its fun, its easy on the ear, yes hummable, visually, its pretty, lots of good movement and field coverage and something that BD does the best..integration of all sections. That brass is outstanding and I love their style.

Believe me, I love Crown, SCV, Phantom, three of the best shows of the year, but when BD comes on theres just something extra special about it.

Geoffrey

I tend to agree - with the exception of all the pre recorded crap that plays on and on and on and on.....

I like when they talk over the drum parts then talk over the brass parts...tongue.gif

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

Can we address more than just whether or not you like the show on here? That argument only pertains to the GE sheets anyway, if at all.

What I honestly question is, while they may outperform others at their show right now, are the demands actually there? The brass spends most of the show that they play at half time, let alone questions about the music book. Do the judges forget the aspect of the what box that is multiple responsibilities?

I feel like if we still had tick sheets, the judges would be right on. But we don't. Credit difficulty, not just cleanliness. High right box does not make high left.

• Like 1

While I liked 2011, last years show..theres just something magical about this years show. Its not going to be beat, it has all the elements, and its not only technically a monster,

Much like 2009, BD's show has half the difficulty of Crown's show. In DCI, cleanliness wins, innovation and difficulty do not. Which is ironic, because that was the whole reason for leaving the tick system in 1984 in the first place: the tick system was crushing the corps trying to do cool new things in favor of simpler shows that were cleaner. And here we are again.

its fun, its easy on the ear, yes hummable,

To each their own. There are only one or two sections of this year's show that I think work really well musically. Dave Glyde and Wayne Downey now write sound effects to accompany visual artistry, little more (IMO).

visually, its pretty, lots of good movement and field coverage and something that BD does the best..integration of all sections.

This part is simply inarguable, though. Field coverage, transitions, staging, integration, flow... every year BD does these visual aspects better than everyone else, no contest.

• Like 3

If it's a shot at BD you say go root for the Cadets? :lookaround: