Cavaliers Break 80 in Lebanon

I am a Glassmen honk only because thats where I marched for 11 years but my next favorite corps is and will always be is the Cavaliers . This is a wonderful corps full of rich tradition and class never count the Cavies out , yes they might be having a tuff year but they will bounce back mark my word !! :thumbup: Oh yeah I almost forgot Congradulations on getting into the 80's :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

11 years with the Glassmen...WOW :worthy: but can you explain to me how that is possible with the age limits being between 14-21 (7 years) Was that not a rule when you marched. That's very cool that you put in that many years with the same corps!

11 years with the Glassmen...WOW :worthy: but can you explain to me how that is possible with the age limits being between 14-21 (7 years) Was that not a rule when you marched. That's very cool that you put in that many years with the same corps!

Any age 'minimum' is usually at the discretion of the specific corps, otherwise there really is no minimum age for drumcorps.

Actually they are not within 1 point of SCV/Bluecoats. The last time they saw each other head to head they were over 2 points from them.

Their score went up a couple points at last nights show as did the 2 corps above them, but neither Bluecoats or SCV performed last night. You have to assume that if the Bluecoats & SCV had been at that show last night they probably would have gone up by the same 2 points that everyone else went up.

But Cavies have 3 shows before San Antonio, and SCV & Bloo each have 2, the last one of which is head to head with Cavies.

My point is, if Cavies keep gaining chunks of score, they will be right with those 2 corps, come San Antonio.

THEN, there will be a battle for 5th place......

:-)

• Like 1

Most age minimums are relatively new concepts. Most corps, especially when climbing the ladder, would open membership to everyone. Back in the 60s-very early 90s, it wasn't that uncommon for a kid to start marching at 10 or 11. There is someone on here that marched with Long Island Kingsmen for 15 years or so.

And don't forget about the adorable little kids in BDC, they start at 3.

I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking it was 7 years I was counting my total years and the count was 11 yrs but the first

4 were my having marched in a drum and baton corps . :sleeping:

• Like 1

But Cavies have 3 shows before San Antonio, and SCV & Bloo each have 2, the last one of which is head to head with Cavies.

My point is, if Cavies keep gaining chunks of score, they will be right with those 2 corps, come San Antonio.

THEN, there will be a battle for 5th place......

:-)

First, there already is a battle for 5th. It just happens to not include Cavaliers.

Second, it is almost like you ignored his entire post. This "gain" did not take place in a vacuum. It is not a gain at all. Not that they won't close the gap, but that was not it ...yet.

First, there already is a battle for 5th. It just happens to not include Cavaliers.

Second, it is almost like you ignored his entire post. This "gain" did not take place in a vacuum. It is not a gain at all. Not that they won't close the gap, but that was not it ...yet.

So you mean to tell me, that you honestly believe the Cavaliers could not catch any of the upper tier corps?

So you mean to tell me, that you honestly believe the Cavaliers could not catch any of the upper tier corps?

Is it me or does that just seem like a weird statement to read?

No. I honestly believe what you just quoted me as saying. As it stands today, the battle for 5th does not include The Cavaliers. An additional point that i was trying to make was that just because The Cavaliers aren't currently in the hunt, it doesn't mean that those corps battling for spots above the green team are any less legit.

Is it me or does that just seem like a weird statement to read?

I agree. The Cavaliers are an upper tier corps. Sure, they're not having as great a year as they usually do, but let's not forget that just last year they won the bronze medal and percussion trophy and it was only in 2006 that they had won the gold. I'm not a fan of how some are talking about The Cavaliers as if this year took them out of the "big boys" category. These are The Cavaliers we're talking about! One slow year doesn't ruin their history of being some of the biggest boys in this activity! thumbup.gif