Crown v. BD ; Cadets v. Phantom ; SCV v. BC

IMO Blue Devils have a VERY non-crowd appealing show and leaves most in the audience going "huh?" and then golf clapping. Is that the way DCI wants to represent the activity, increase fans, and their new scoring system? hmmm....

I'm fairly certain the way DCI wants to represent the activity is by awarding the 1st place ring to the corps that marches, plays, & spins the cleanest while presenting the most artistic & effective show. If that's Blue Devils, they'll win. If that's Crown, they'll win.

Seems pretty simple: in drum corps (and any competitive activity, really) you have to check your personal biases and push your "likes" aside in favor of excellence and effectiveness. "Effective" is not a synonym for "like" or "personal enjoyment."

• Like 1

If I had to make a prediction today I'd say Crown barely pulls it out against BD. Both are almost gonna be even by finals I think. Phantom and Cadets are a toss-up. And I think with SCV's new ending they will take 5th over Bloo.

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut

Stating the obvious...but so weird to not see Cavs mentioned anywhere in this as a possible player in the top 6.

Sorry, it was just based on the current rankings. Wouldn't be surprised to see them up there soon as well.

If the hype about SCV's new ending is anything to go off of (and I think it is), I would say that the placements are more like this:

(Crown vs. Blue Devils)

(Cadets vs. Phantom vs. Santa Clara Vanguard)

(Bluecoats vs. BAC?/Cavies?/Scouts?)

I would put Santa Clara in the same pack as Cadets and Phantom. Their show, musically, is just too strong this year to not at least contend for a medal.

Edited by Some Random Drummer

If the hype about SCV's new ending is anything to go off of (and I think it is), I would say that the placements are more like this:

(Crown vs. Blue Devils)

(Cadets vs. Phantom vs. Santa Clara Vanguard)

(Bluecoats vs. BAC?/Cavies?/Scouts?)

I would put Santa Clara in the same pack as Cadets and Phantom. Their show, musically, is just too strong this year to not at least contend for a medal.

what everyone is forgetting is that the bluecoats just spent the last three days putting in a number of planned changes which I've heard are also pretty #### sweet. so SCV isn't the only corps adding stuff.

Crown- new stuff added recently including closer.

Bloo- new stuff added recently.

SCV- new stuff added recently.

BD and Crown should be closer to each other after tomorrow and SA.

Phantom has been catching up to and might pass the Cadets, i don't see the Cadets as racing with BD/Crown at this point.

with the changes applied by SCV and Bloo, i could see them pull up closer to the Phantom/cadets race, possibly surpassing either or both.

Cavies have been gaining recently and passed BAC, and probably won't be retaken by BAC. can they catch up to Bloo or SCV? i don't know, but it could happen, but i don't really want it to happen.

BAC, i love them and their show, I hope they stay in the top 8, but Madison is right behind them.

But i don't think we will see SCV/Bloo really catch up to the cadets/Phantom until Hotlanta, at least. as much as i love changes and think they will improve both shows, i don't see them jumping over two points to catch up to the Cadets and Phantom over night, but we will see.

Either way, shaping up to be an excited season.

Crown- new stuff added recently including closer.

Bloo- new stuff added recently.

SCV- new stuff added recently.

BD and Crown should be closer to each other after tomorrow and SA.

Phantom has been catching up to and might pass the Cadets, i don't see the Cadets as racing with BD/Crown at this point.

with the changes applied by SCV and Bloo, i could see them pull up closer to the Phantom/cadets race, possibly surpassing either or both.

Cavies have been gaining recently and passed BAC, and probably won't be retaken by BAC. can they catch up to Bloo or SCV? i don't know, but it could happen, but i don't really want it to happen.

BAC, i love them and their show, I hope they stay in the top 8, but Madison is right behind them.

But i don't think we will see SCV/Bloo really catch up to the cadets/Phantom until Hotlanta, at least. as much as i love changes and think they will improve both shows, i don't see them jumping over two points to catch up to the Cadets and Phantom over night, but we will see.

Either way, shaping up to be an excited season.

Phantom has just put in changes to their ending - not sure when they'll be performed...truth of the matter is everyone is changing, so you can't assume one corps great changes moves them up, just have to wait and see.

• Like 1