Cavaliers Question

Ok, no worries. I just know that they can come down pretty hard on threads that even might be construed as political. Obviously, this thread has not done that, and has served to get an answer (for the Cavaliers). (Thanks Boo!)

Carry on...

FWIW, Madison's Wikipedia page mentions that up until 1990, members were part of Boy Scout Troop 600. From 1991-2011, they were members of BSA as Venturers. In 2011, Madison and BSA parted ways. Jump to the bottom of the page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Scouts_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps

Actually, many corps are TECHNICALLY boy scout troups. Unless it changed this year, Crown members gets insurance (Maybe accident??) through being members of a scout troup.

I agree. This thread, although not intended to push the limits, can. It's already been verified that neither Cavies or Scouts are part of the BSA anymore...which now leave an option for people (with strong political/religious magnets to these sort of threads) to start questioning why mention those two all male corps, when there are other corps with members of different sexual orientation, regardless of the sex of the members.

The fact of the matter is that this kind of thread usually leads to opinions upon opinions. And as happened a month ago with a simple question about if corps allow others to observe their religion...it got out of hand very quickly.

Speaking of opinions...if I were the OP, I'd ask someone to close the thread, having received answers to the main question. Not hating or attacking anyone, as most people say, just my two cents.

:whistle:

I think he just asked about those two corps because it is well known that they have their roots in scouting. I didn't read anything more into the inquiry.

I agree. This thread, although not intended to push the limits, can. It's already been verified that neither Cavies or Scouts are part of the BSA anymore...which now leave an option for people (with strong political/religious magnets to these sort of threads) to start questioning why mention those two all male corps, when there are other corps with members of different sexual orientation, regardless of the sex of the members.

The fact of the matter is that this kind of thread usually leads to opinions upon opinions. And as happened a month ago with a simple question about if corps allow others to observe their religion...it got out of hand very quickly.

Speaking of opinions...if I were the OP, I'd ask someone to close the thread, having received answers to the main question. Not hating or attacking anyone, as most people say, just my two cents.

:whistle:

Why? Because both corps were born out of the boy scouts. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're still all male. As for me, when I marched Scouts in 89 .. I never remember filling out a BSA application of any sort. Even if the corps states it didn't change until 1990 ... I was never under the impression that we were affiliated with BSA in any way, shape or form.

we were all members of an explorer scout troop when I marched in the bluecoats, and in one year (1990 I think) the corps even performed for the national boy scout jamboree.

We should have an off topic forum!

We used to....I think the 2008 election (or was it 2004) did it in for good.

Actually, there still is an OT forum... but there is no politics/religion allowed in there either. :smile: