DCI HOUSTON - Hot, Humid, & Happening!

I'm starting to see that most fans have no problem with the Blue Devil's...... but it's the over-the-top obnoxious behavior of a few of their fans. The thread here tonight is the perfect example. You guys are making it hard to appreciate the efforts of the corps that most of you would never have the class to represent. Some of the nasty attacks I have read here are way out of line. I am starting to wonder who the real "haters" are.

I'm not exactly sure who and what you're speaking of when you say obnoxious behavior. For a moment I thought you might have been speaking about the Crown fan that admitted he had one too many, and then said that he enjoyed being a bit of an instigator. I'm paraphrasing a bit ......... There simply weren't any attacks by a BD honk towards Crown or anyone else.

• Like 3

Not even Satie's "Gymnopodies"?

YOU ARE RIGHT...I forgot that tune..I was so memorized by the hoops, i forgot they were playing that...

I'm starting to see that most fans have no problem with the Blue Devil's...... but it's the over-the-top obnoxious behavior of a few of their fans. The thread here tonight is the perfect example. You guys are making it hard to appreciate the efforts of the corps that most of you would never have the class to represent. Some of the nasty attacks I have read here are way out of line. I am starting to wonder who the real "haters" are.

Care to cite a few examples? I haven't seen any obnoxious behavior from any BD fans or supporters, quite the contrary.

• Like 2

That may be the case with some vocal DCP posters. Or maybe they come over better on the web than they do live. But the underwhelming crowd response when viewed in-person makes me doubt whether "most fans have no problem" with BD.

I said it a week ago after the MN regional and I'll say it again. BD is a mortal lock. Its over. We need to accept this and move on.

Yeah, it's a done deal. The judging community has accepted the show, and there's a 99.8% chance that BD cleans up better than Crown. Actually, make that 99.9%.

• Like 2

Did I miss something last night? I thought with the toc that there was a bunch more added things to the show. All the Corps were great don't get me wrong but... where was the added content of having this show?

I am just a little confused, in no way am I bagging on any of the Corps that were there, I was really just expecting more. Where was the hoopla?

I think Scouts will beat Boston and Cavaliers tonight. They have really re- vamped that organization from top to bottom, getting a lot of top talent, and putting together a winning staff. I think people will realize at the end of this season for sure that Madison is back as a perennial contender in a serious way.

• Like 2

I have a question and I hope that I am not flogged for asking it. The Cavaliers show looks like it has gone through a TON of rewrites and I think it is for the better. I actually like the show now. I still hate those guard uniforms. With that being said, some of it looks a bit like someone else's style. Is there a chance that a certain someone helped with the rewrites and is choosing to go uncredited?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a done deal. The judging community has accepted the show, and there's a 99.8% chance that BD cleans up better than Crown. Actually, make that 99.9%.

Agreed. The only thing that could derail them is the judging community all of a sudden deciding that the show really isn't all that much from a design standpoint. But they've had their chance to make that statement, and none of them are willing to do it. Performance is certainly not going to be an issue for BD moving through the next few weeks.

I've decided that BD's use of the recorded statement saying that "modern art relies on irony" is there so that if anyone points out that there IS no irony in the show, they can say "see? That's ironic!" :cool:

• Like 2