New Ending for PR

After reading a lot of the recent show reviews, Phantom seems to be getting high praise for the first 11 minutes of their show with a lot of people stating that the ending needs to be reworked for impact. I came across this tidbit from Billy's blog on the regiment.org website:

So, ensemble was split up Into 2.5 hours of sections and 90 minutes of ensemble. We've got a big change coming to the end of the show, so the brass spent a lot of time on that tonight. Ensemble was focused on some count changes to Hope and Blood. It can be frustrating to change the count on something that has been done one way since January, but we made it work.

Read more: http://www.regiment.org/memoirs_display.cfm?ID=484&MemoirPull=12#ixzz21Y5Y5QmR

Hopefully this is the ending that is needed to push the show excitement to a whole new level. I'm reminded of the changes PR made in 2008 to a show that was placing third consistently that ended up propelling that corps into first place above a freakishly clean Blue Devils show and a fan favorite Cavaliers show that year. Hopefully the changes made this year will be as amazing as the changes they made in '08. To win, they once again must compete with a freakishley clean Blue Devils show and a fan favorite Crown show. I can see it happening!

Leg kick in a wedge formation maybe? How about some more "sprinticus" type drill? Maybe both and a ton of those long flags coming out at the same time? Maybe something entirely new? Who knows....what do you guys think they should add? Any insider information on the new ending?

CW

They do need a new ending

They have that big, known, pop hit in ND and everyone stood up but then the show continues for the typical flash finish that commences after the hit….the crowd was confused….do we sit down, we all know its about to end so do we just keep standing...up/down what are others doing around me...

Maybe put that hit at the very end or they need to add something that keeps the crowd wanting to stand

I'm hoping that it's not a wedge, unless the wedge is preceded by something that at least looks fast paced. I think this year's ending is a little too slow-paced visually, much like last year's.

A lot of folks criticize PR for some of their relatively straightforward jazz running endings (e.g., 07, 08) - I enjoy them, and I think it adds GE to the ending. We're not going to see a Crown- or Cadets-style ending, but give us a compromise! :)

• Like 3

I've been wanting (them to do) a wedge-kick since November so if they do that AND win...

oh my god...

:babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies: :babies:

• Like 5

can anyone explain what this is.....? is it normally this jazzy and I just don't hear it in my brass ears?