Corps Apparel/Accessory Traditions

Some corps issue section shorts to the members, different color for every section.

Some corps allow the sections to decide what they want to wear.

When I marched Scouts, the corps issued each section different colored shorts.

At Magic, the front ensemble went to Wal Mart one night and bought super tacky board shorts that matched.

Some corps I have seen wear the same under armor tops with the corps name/logo on them, but in the short time I was with Phantom they told us that we would be responsible for getting our own white compression shorts and white under armor type shirts. 3 of each.

The Deltas that everyone now wears were originally created by the cymbal line back in the day. They were cut from cracked cymbals.

I heard that this is how the Colts' Triangles neckalces started too.

On the DCA side, I believe Alliance members wear an "A" on a necklace. At Chops Inc we receive a bead each year, different colors depending on your section. Govies wear green pins on their uniforms that they are encouraged to give out to fans after performances.

I know a few DCA corps, Alliance and MBI included, provide or sell undershirts with the corps name and logo on them.

Surf Members keep the medal they wear on the uni. Each year has different colors for the show, this season is blue and yellow I believe. This tradition has been going for 5 years or so, maybe since Surf moved to World Class?

Surf members also get a necklace like most other corps. It's a black & blue bead necklace put together by vets for each member that has an additional bead for every year involved with the organization. The standard member gets a white bead, section captains & other leadership get clear, staff members get light blue, and age-outs get gold.

I remember section shorts. My first year, we had hot pink booty shorts, (girl section leader thought it would be fun), my second year we had green.

SCV has a tradition of regional days being "red and green days" where everyone wears those colors on those days. Cool apparel tradition if you see their rehearsals

I remember section shorts. My first year, we had hot pink booty shorts, (girl section leader thought it would be fun), my second year we had green.

SCV has a tradition of regional days being "red and green days" where everyone wears those colors on those days. Cool apparel tradition if you see their rehearsals

Bad day for red green color blind people tongue.gif

• 2 years later...

What traditions do The Blue Devils have? Any corps song/necklace?

The rings and medals they win every year. And a beard.