Who is poised to surprise!?

My bets are on Boston, Vanguard and maybe Crossmen. It was about this time last year when Boston kicked in the after burners and made a move. SCV has what IMO is the best product they have had in a decade. They have really impressed me with the way they have cleaned a very exposed drill. I have never been the biggest Crossmen fan, but they have completely converted me this year. I find myself constantly humming their show.

I think we are going to see some unexpected movement in the standings at Atlanta.

Boston passes Scouts and Cavies and stays ahead.

Vanguard catches Cadets

Crossmen goes past Blue Stars.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 1

Nope. It is a two horse race for the championship. I think Phantom is safely in third however.

I don't think you can make that claim and back it up with reasonable facts. There's still a lot of time in the season. PR has yet to add their ending which is supposidly going to include some big changes. I know it's a long shot, but I still like to think of this race as having three horses. My favorite horse has always been the darkest. :tongue:

• Like 2

The Crossmen have already delivered a surprise by being in 13th after coming in 17th last year. Because it is always fun to see a dark horse come back into the top 12 after a long hiatus, I would love to see them jump ahead of either Blue Stars or Blue Knights. I think their show is better than both BS and BK. It's a matter of the judges agreeing.

If it ends up being the same twelve corps as last season....boring.

Love the Xmen this year... They look and sound like a finalist. They don't have the demand that BStars or BK does, but demand not cleaned equals Nada. BK has a great package that the members are running with now, literally! I think Xmen make it.. But likely in 12th by just a hair over BStars... Tough call though

Does anyone see any corps making a late season surge and surprising a few corps currently ahead of them come finals week?

" Surprising a FEW Corps currently ahead of them come Finals week " ?

Since this was the question, I will predict " noone ".

We could possibly look back on this thread after Finals and see if anyone caught a few Corps ahead from where they're currently ranked here on July 26th. I just don't see it. But who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't see any multiple placement bold upward ( or downward ) moves being made now at this late stage.

Edited by BRASSO

Poised to surprise? Oregon Crusaders, SCV, BK.

1. Crown

2. BD

3. SCV

4. Phantom

5. Cadets

6. Coats

7. Madison

8. Boston

9. Cavies

10. BK

11. Spirit

12. Stars

13. Crossmen

14. Academy

15. Glassmen

16. Colts

17. Oregon Crusaders

18. Pacific Crest

19. Jerey Surf (Throws a baby)

20. BDB

21. SCVC

22. Mandarins

23. Cadcades

24. Pioneer

• Like 2

I've been preaching this the entire season. The corps that will move up are the corps that still have more room to grow with their shows.

Here's who I think will "surprise", if you will:

Crown will come on top of BD. I love both corps this year; Crown's package still has room to grow and clean.

SCV will place in third. That hornline/drumline sounds phenomenal this year, and they still have yet to unleash their full potential. This show will probably start doing that during finals week.

Blue Knights will pass Spirit (possibly Cavaliers?). Yes I am a homer, but you can't lie to me when I say this show has made believers out of people. It's made a believer out of me. The staff at BK is probably one of the best packages that you could get. This show will do nothing but grow, plus they have tons of rehearsal time to get it clean.

I could see PC passing Colts. I love the show, and they have a good corps this year.

I could also see Cascades pass Mandarins.

The race around 12-18 is more exciting for me. I think Crossmen grab 12. I too would love to see PC overtake Colts and Glassmen.

You are not alone. This is typically were there is more exciting volatility in placement shifts many times come late in the season. There could be a Corps or two that might make multiple placement moves now in this Corps ranking range. I could see this happening, now that I think more about the Corps in this current ranking range.

Edited by BRASSO

You are not alone. This is typically were there is more exciting volatility in placement shifts many times come late in the season. There could be a Corps or two that might make multiple placement moves now in this Corps ranking range. I could see this happening, now that I think more about the Corps in this current ranking range.

This year might be another in which there are as many people watching the battle for 12th as there is watching the battle for the Championship.

Edited by musclebud