Should DCI go back to a regional touring schedule?

Is Regional the way to go?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

I vote yes, however in the case of forte...it may not have mattered. In the old regional model...the schedule would be in the "DCI" portion of the tour. 1st 3-4 weeks would be regional...last 3-4 weeks would be DCI

I vote yes, however in the case of forte...it may not have mattered. In the old regional model...the schedule would be in the "DCI" portion of the tour. 1st 3-4 weeks would be regional...last 3-4 weeks would be DCI

Good point, I'm not really too familiar with how it was done and split up amongst the season, which is kidna the reason I started it.

The problem is other than the west coast and maybe the northeast you're down to so few corps it would be hard to pull off.

Edited by WWonka
  • Like 5

The regional tour model, as Tony said, encompassed the first few weeks of tour. In the case of DCM, most corps didn't leave the Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois/Michigan/Indiana area (Indiana was even at the edge), and some of the smaller Div II/III corps would end their tour at DCM championships in Dekalb in mid July. That allowed them to run a 3-4 week tour and compete in the DCM circuit and then perhaps travel to Div II/III championships at season's end, while not over-extending themselves.

Biggest mistake DCI made in the last 10-15 years, IMO. In the thread I started, we had already listed 70+ corps that had folded since the mid-90's and I'd bet most of those after the death of the regional circuits. On conservative numbers of an average of 60 members per corps, that's over 4,000 spots that can no longer be filled. Insane when you really look at that.

• Like 5

Since this relates... Hops/Cadets facebook like 2 minutes ago :lookaround:

We have seven hour ride tonight ... so .. we will see how much more we can clean tonight.

Too much driving in drum corps !!!!!

Too much!!!

We need to not try to get to all four corners in one summer and we need to finish a week earlier ...

For sure !!!!!

Heck ... this year we are staying in hotels as the school we used to stay at in Indy begins classes on August 1st

Happy evening ...

Edited by charlie1223