Drum Corps Genie

Since I didn't get involved in drum corps until 1975, I would ask to witness the first three of DCI's Champions perform their shows at the DCI World Championship Finals; Anaheim Kingsmen in 1974 and Santa Clara Vanguard the next two years.

PR 1996 & 2008

My 3rd wish would be for 3 more wishes then I'd have

Star 1991

Garfield Cadets 1983

Blue Devils 1992 (nobody else seems to like it but I do)

Suncoast Sound 1984: To this day, I occasionally get chills and dusty eyes, I can't imagine what it must have been like on that field.

Blue Devils 1986: I have heard from many sources that this show, on Finals night, was one of the most powerful, "leave no doubt" performances, ever. Would love to see it.

Phantom Regiment 2008: The way the corps engaged with the crowd that night was magical. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I am sure. Although I have seen the videos multiple times, I can't imagine what is was like to be there live.

Since I didn't get involved in drum corps until 1975, I would ask to witness the first three of DCI's Champions perform their shows at the DCI World Championship Finals; Anaheim Kingsmen in 1974 and Santa Clara Vanguard the next two years.

Mike, I think you meant '72 for Anaheim (although the '74 show is awesome!)

1982 Santa Clara Vanguard - Yeah, I know they messed up the bottle dance, but I just want to be in the middle of that crowd going crazy and tossing those :babies:

Great choice! They had to bring out the grounds crew for cleanup afterwards... :laugh:

My choices:

SCV 1999

Phantom 2008

SCV 2009

• Like 1

SCV 1987

SCV 1989

Madison 1995

• Like 1

Bridgemen 1977 - I would love to go back and experience this live. My favorite year musically for the Bridgemen (of what I've heard) and just to see a corps from this era perform (I was 11 months old at the time) would be amazing.

Cadets 1987 - Incredible take on one of my favorite pieces of music. This show defines the Cadets for me.

Phantom 1996 - SHOSTAKOVICH IN THE HOUSE. Uh yeah, I lurve Symphony #5 and I lurve Phantom's rendition of it. :thumbup:

Star 1993 Finals (They had a rehearsal day at my high school that year and I was oblivious to what was going on at the time), I was just becoming familiar with DCI at that point. Have kicked myself repeatedly over the years for missing out on that.

Blue Devils 1991

Star 1991

Keeping this in the Jr forum

Hershey, PA 1974 - that Class Z corsp that did the waiting for the scores exhibition at the first show I watched. Never remembered their name, just that they played music from '1776'. Not knowing the name of the first Jr corps I ever saw is bugging me.

1965 Chicago Royal Aires @ VFW Nats in Chicago. Finals moved inside to an Armory which I understand wasn't the best set up - just sounds like sumthin' different.

1937 (yes 1937) AL Post #274 Baldwin Patterson - Des Moines, IA @ AL Nats in NYC, NY - very first AL Junior champs and want to see what a pre-war DC show looks like

• Like 1