Drum Corps Genie

Okay, here's the scenario...

You are in the lot after a show and some unenlightened person has dropped a plastic soda bottle. You pick it up to recycle it and out comes...a drum corps genie. The genie tells you that because you are responsible and realize how fragile we are, he is going to grant you three drum corps wishes.

You may go back in time and be a witness to three (and ONLY three) corps performances in all of drum corps history. You will get to witness these performances only once. You may sit anywhere in the stadium and be assured of perfect viewing/listening conditions (no one around you talking or screaming for their friends.) You may choose shows you have seen before, shows you have participated in, or shows you have never seen live.

IF you attempt to wish for anything else, for more wishes, or wish for MORE than three performances, the drum corps genie will disappear and you will be immediately transported to a basics block of unspecified duration to do your penance.

What are your three wishes?

My 3 wishes:

SCV 1989 finals

BAC 1990 prelims

PR 1996 finals

My three are.. 75 Madison, 88 Madison, 95 Madison.

I'll stick to shows I never had the opportunity to see.

1999 SCV

1995 Cavaliers

1994 BD

Okay just three huh, well this is incredibly hard!I would like to apologize to all the great corps and performances including my faves that will be left out.

Okay my three, and these aren't specifically my favorite three but the three I wanted to see live:

1989 SCV: This show narrowly beating out 87' SCV which is the show that introduced me to DCI. This show has been voted best ever by scores of people and for good reason. The power, pageantry, and emotiontion displayed that night in Kansas City was a spectacl to be present for!To this day twnetysomething years after I heard it for the first time the final push of Music of the Night still can bring this large man to a tear or two.

1988 BD: I listened to a cassette tape of that show for two years before I saw the show and knew it was Blue Devils. They were full of beauty grace and oh that vintage BD horline!! Now I would much rather see it going on last that night as it should have but thats a different forum topic :ph34r:

1991 Star of Indiana: This narrowly beating out great choices in 08' and 89' Phantom, but I have never seen precision and difficulty like what was on display that night. To hear the screaming melo's and thunderous drum's from the center 50 would be amazing! But the best part would to be right there in awe of the cross to cross ending that brought down the house and would be fully worth not being able to speak for a week!

Edited by calcorpsfan

HARD question- DANG

'92 Cavies (duh)

'01 Cadets (one of my favorite moments of all time here:

And probably '89 SCV

Edited by Cavies92FTW

Shows I never got to see:

1993 Star of Indiana

1995 Madison Scouts

1996 Phantom Regiment

Would love to have experienced all of these shows on Finals night!!!

1 - 1980 Spirit

2 - 1988 Madison

3 - 2008 Phantom (saw them live in Atl but would love to have seen the winning performance LIVE!)

Edited by stevie89phan