Drum Corps Genie

Thanks. Glad people appreciate it.

LOVED this show!!! The company front and the salute by the one horn player. Makes me choke up to this day.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment 1996 - Performance on June 21. I turned to my friend and said, "This is going to win in August". They placed behind Cavies and Scouts that night.

Suncoast Sound 1989 - Finals at Arrowhead stadium. Not even in my top 15 shows of all time but a poignant moment as they would never be back as a World Class corps.

27th Lancers 1986 Semi-Finals at Camp Randall. A stylistic change for them. See above.

Madison Scouts 1996 - At finals.

Spirit of Atlanta 1980

Carolina Crown 2012 - At finals :thumbup:

Some excellent choices here by all. Loved 96' Phantom. Remember Finals night only, their soprano line was the best I've ever heard, just that night too. They were so clean and tight it was magical. I've never heard a sop line so sweet sounding before or since. 02' Cavies..think it was Cavies with the highest score ever tied with CBC, their sop line was sweet as well. I'm a snare drummer and if I'm noticing how sweet a horn line sounds, it's saying something heh heh. Just like what was it, 93' Cadets in Mississippi, they had a magnificent guy in the guard. Now I DEFINATLEY do not focus on the guard much but he kept getting my attention with his incredible talent. Don't know who it was but I had heard he went on to teach. He was something else as was that show. Star of 90',91' and 93', didn't care much for their 92' show even though I definately appreciated the Patriotic theme. But wow...that hornline and how sweet it blended together. You just don't hear hornlines like that anymore. Hated their snares, sounded like banging on trash cans UNTIL 93' when they finally changed em. And 93', wow.....tight and incredible. The year they won though is the most unbelievable for me with that moving cross to cross formation and the unbelievable hornline. Sorry I'm rambling here but all this talk is bringing some sweet sweet memories to the forefront. SO many incredible shows gone by. 27th and the Olympics, BD of 80, another show I love to listen to. Bridgemens drumlines, wow. SCV and SO many shows I love from them. Miss Freelancers, Northstar's chrome snareline, the great shows at Whitewater that hold so many great memories for me. Cavies of 91'92' when their drumline was just so hot. :smile:

Edited by Sportster

Some excellent choices here by all. Loved 96' Phantom. Remember Finals night only, their soprano line was the best I've ever heard, just that night too. They were so clean and tight it was magical. I've never heard a sop line so sweet sounding before or since. 02' Cavies..think it was Cavies with the highest score ever tied with CBC, their sop line was sweet as well. I'm a snare drummer and if I'm noticing how sweet a horn line sounds, it's saying something heh heh. Just like what was it, 93' Cadets in Mississippi, they had a magnificent guy in the guard. Now I DEFINATLEY do not focus on the guard much but he kept getting my attention with his incredible talent. Don't know who it was but I had heard he went on to teach. He was something else as was that show. Star of 90',91' and 93', didn't care much for their 92' show even though I definately appreciated the Patriotic theme. But wow...that hornline and how sweet it blended together. You just don't hear hornlines like that anymore. Hated their snares, sounded like banging on trash cans UNTIL 93' when they finally changed em. And 93', wow.....tight and incredible. The year they won though is the most unbelievable for me with that moving cross to cross formation and the unbelievable hornline. Sorry I'm rambling here but all this talk is bringing some sweet sweet memories to the forefront. SO many incredible shows gone by. 27th and the Olympics, BD of 80, another show I love to listen to. Bridgemens drumlines, wow. SCV and SO many shows I love from them. Miss Freelancers, Northstar's chrome snareline, the great shows at Whitewater that hold so many great memories for me. Cavies of 91'92' when their drumline was just so hot. :smile:

Soooooo....what three shows would you like the Genie to grant you?

Garry in Vegas

I already posted that a few back. Will the Genie allow ANOTHER set of 3??! BD 80', Star the year they won (age related brain degeneration...90'? 91??), AND....84' Garfield....(shhhhh! Don't let the genie know I snuck it in!!)

Edited by Sportster

LOVED this show!!! The company front and the salute by the one horn player. Makes me choke up to this day.

It was always great to see how the audience reacted to that closer. I was one of the closest to the sideline, so I was right there when people were screaming and crying and throwing babies at us. It was emotional for all of us too.

If the genie could show me these three - Drum Corps might be completely different today:

Bridgemen Finals 1984

27th Lancers Finals 1985

SkyRyders Finals 1992

(Honorable Mention) L'Offensive d'Jonquierre Finals 1979

Oh man Skyriders 82 is one of my favorites! The other two I need to go watch along with sky 82.

This is a good thread for those of us with FN so we can go watch those shows other people point out!

worthy.gif props to the OP!!

If it pleases the Genie, I would like to amend my choice. While I would LOVE to see Suncoast 84 at finals, I think that, from a pure emotion standpoint, I would rather be on the Mall in Washington DC when they, spontaneously, got in uniform and performed the Requiem and America? America! while standing on top of the (brand new) Vietnam War Memorial. I have spoken with members who were there, and to a man they STILL feel that it was one of the most humbling, memorable experiences of their lives.

wall1.png

vwall2.jpg

vwall3.jpg

(Hopefully I won't be banished to the basics block for this request... :tongue: )

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Garfield 1984

Star 1991

Madison 1995

• Like 1