Best visual design ever?

Has any show ever come close to beating the visual design of 2002 Cavaliers?

:worthy:

• Like 4

Zingali

/thread

Any number of Zingali shows. How about Garfield '87 for starters!

• Like 2

Has any show ever come close to beating the visual design of 2002 Cavaliers?

:worthy:

yes there have been several. The Cavaliers 2002 was revolutionary, for sure. That show HELPED define a new level of show design and visual/audio integration. The same could be said for many shows/designers throughout history (Zingali, for example.) But just like Gaines surpassed Zingali and his crew, someone will surpass Gaines and the early millennium green machine. It may have already been done, but I honestly think it's still too soon to tell (10 years ain't nothin.)

None of the evolution of show design diminishes the influence these respective designers have had on drum corps or the respect I have for them.

I think Jamey Thompson's drill programs for 1999 and 2001 Glassmen were incredible. Wonderful visual phrases, signature moves, and excellent guard staging. Incredible programs.

• Like 1

I think Jamey Thompson's drill programs for 1999 and 2001 Glassmen were incredible. Wonderful visual phrases, signature moves, and excellent guard staging. Incredible programs.

Agreed, some AMAZING work, 98 as well, not quite as good, but still breathtaking.