I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

This BD show has no risk, which equates to no excitement.

I don't agree with this statement. BD does have risk - contrary to some other posts.

There is excitement in BD's show this year. It is not everyone's "cup of tea."

• Like 1

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here. Maybe they can take a hint. I'll probably get a lot of negative reputation for this but quite frankly I rather voice my own opinion. If you don't agree then that's fine but you're probably in the minority.

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

By the way I'm not saying Blue Devils shouldn't have been close to winning but they should have been 2nd to Crown in a matter of tenths. Hope I don't take too much crap for this lol.

Discuss

You are not alone. I think my tiffs with BD don't only deal with simultaneous demand. That's just part of it.

I don't agree with this statement. BD does have risk - contrary to some other posts.

There is excitement in BD's show this year. It is not everyone's "cup of tea."

I dont know what your definition of demand is then. My definition of demand is playing loud volumes in tune and jazz running. Now thats demand. I couldnt even point out a part of BDs show where they had some sort of blind pass throughs or pass throughs at all. If there were they werent playing which completely kills any demand it has.

I couldnt even point out a part of BDs show where they had some sort of blind pass throughs or pass throughs at all. If there were they werent playing which completely kills any demand it has.

So I'll ask the following: Are "blind pass throughs or pass throughs at all" mandatory?

No - Not at any point in this activity has this been a requirement to win.

So I'll ask the following: Are "blind pass throughs or pass throughs at all" mandatory?

No - Not at any point in this activity has this been a requirement to win.

Of course its not mandatory. BUT it is probably the most difficult maneuver you can do in this activity. You would think the first place show would have some WOW factor from completing difficult tasks. Too bad thats not the case.

Sure, I think we can agree BD's show's drill is not as insane as CC.

I think we can just leave it at that. Does anyone honestly think differently? Does anyone honestly think BD's show is more difficult drill wise?

That being said, a show's difficulty does not measure its success.

Edited by Njfritz

Of course its not mandatory. BUT it is probably the most difficult maneuver you can do in this activity. You would think the first place show would have some WOW factor from completing difficult tasks. Too bad thats not the case.

Yes I agree - it is a VERY difficult maneuver.

Everyone talks about the need to be clean. I think corps are getting credit for demand, but the way sheets are written it will not be a determining factor unless it is clean.